Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box (with Roll Out Tray)
- Metal components are galvanized and more than 1 mm thick
- ABS plastic is very tough
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- Galvanized Box: 12"L, 12.25"W, 16.5"H (approx size)
- Roll-out Tray: 7.25"L, 12"W (approx size)
- Assembly required
- Sloped top—prevents roosting.
- Curtained area—provides ample privacy and security.
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (some eggs roll easier than others).
- Removable nesting pad is easy to clean. Also reduces bedding needs. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Wendy M from South Carolina
Only one of three chickens will use it. The hen who does use it, likes it, but can still reach her eggs to eat them. Egg chute needs to be longer. I have actually seen my rooster sitting in it.
Michael B from New Mexico
Very well made, strong and easily put together.
Darlene M from Michigan
Bought 4 from a lady that had no luck at all getting her chickens to use. Even broke one plastic lid. Fixed the lid. Made custom fit 1/8 carpet pieces to fit the plastic landing on the lid. Glued with contact cement. All of our chickens loved it and are using all 4 nest boxes. Very happy with them.
Rachel D from Indiana
Great nest box! I ordered two. They were very easy to assemble and very well made. I have been using them for about two weeks and I have not had any broken eggs. My chickens had no problem adjusting to the new boxes.
Michael K from Texas
These are great nesting boxes but need a few design changes. As one of the previous review has said the chickens can still get their necks down to the eggs and can peck/break them. The trays need to be longer. I would as recommend then bottoms of the try’s be perforated for easy cleaning. I also made one modification myself. I drilled a 1inch hole in the bottom of the nesting box and put some plastic strip around it to protect from cuts. I did not tighten the bolt on the bottom of the boxes some the bottom could be raise or removed to aid in cleaning.
Now to the recent purchase I have made was the nesting mats. I had purchase a different brand thinking the chicken would not care. Wrong!! 7 out of 8 of my boxes have the original mats and my chickens use these boxes fine. The one with the other mat hardly gets used. I thought this is just the box location. So I moved the mat to different box. Now that box is hardly getting used. So I have bought the replacement mats.
All and all I do like these boxes. Would buy more if I need them.