Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box (with Roll Out Tray)
- Metal components are galvanized and more than 1 mm thick
- ABS plastic is very tough
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- 19.25" L, 12.25" W, 16.5" H
- Assembly required
- Sloped top—prevents roosting.
- Curtained area—provides ample privacy and security.
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (some eggs roll easier than others).
- Removable nesting pad is easy to clean. Also reduces bedding needs. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jeffrey S from West Virginia
Really like these boxes. Well made galvanized metal should last a lifetime. I like the roll away feature so the eggs stay cleaner and don't get broken. My hens like the curtains which give them privacy. A little pricey so I buy one at a time.
John W from West Virginia
I bought (4) of these, great product. Assembly was fairly easy and didn't take long. My chickens started laying in them the first day after I removed the old nesting boxes. I put a little straw in the nest the first day and then started cleaning a little out daily for a few days until there was no straw at all in the nests. I set the elevation on the center adjustment as recommended, eggs roll away clean and safely out of sight. I haven't installed the privacy curtains yet but plan to a day or so. These boxes have fixed my problem with an unidentified egg eater and has increased cleanliness of the eggs. My only regret is that I didn't purchase these years ago.
Wayne S from Florida
Received the chicken nest quickly. Easy to put together. Top of the line nest and are working out great. Would highly recommend these to anyone. Great company.
Victoria G from Connecticut
Delivery was prompt. Packages intact. Difficult to follow instructions though.
Kathy R from Kentucky
We had a hard-core egg eater, very expensive, breeding hen. Nothing would stop her. So as a last resort, I bought one of these. Our birds are Jersey Giants, and this box is a bit small, but they learned to cram their fluffy butts in. And since then, I have not lost any eggs! Just wish the company would make larger boxes and assembly instructions that weren't like Ikea.