Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box (with Roll Out Tray)
- Metal components are galvanized and more than 1 mm thick
- ABS plastic is very tough
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- Galvanized Box: 12"L, 12.25"W, 16.5"H (approx size)
- Roll-out Tray: 7.25"L, 12"W (approx size)
- Assembly required
- Sloped top—prevents roosting.
- Curtained area—provides ample privacy and security.
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (some eggs roll easier than others).
- Removable nesting pad is easy to clean. Also reduces bedding needs. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Priscilla B from Georgia
Works great and love your quick order shipment. Thanks.
Michelle M from California
Great box, I have leg horns and Rhode Island reds, they share the box just fine and the eggs are clean and uneaten. The pad is durable and the box is easily cleaned with a water hose. Just added a few drill holes to the bottom of the egg catcher so dirt can make its way out although very little gets in. Great box for the price!!!
Michele V from California
Works great for the hens that fit in there, unfortunately most of my hens are too big for this nest. Wish they made larger 16" X 16" nest area, which is what my hens need. Great for normal egg layer breeds.
Alan D from Illinois
Easy to assemble. heavy construction box. Hens switched to this new box immediately. And we no longer have dirty and broken eggs.
Deborah G from Maryland
I've had many chickens, I've had many nest boxes. These are the best! This year, after raising chickens for 50 years I had my first egg eater. Couldn't catch which one and then I thought they might be some learning. So I bought these boxes. They are sturdy enough that I will leave them in my will. The chickens adapted in in one day. I took some of the nesting material from their old boxes and put it in there for a day or two. Removed it and they continued to lay. At first I taped one of the flaps up....after a week I un-taped it. A couple of eggs haven't rolled all the way down but the moment a chicken touches them they will. I think I know who the egg eater is now, she comes when I collect the eggs and tries to peck them as I am collecting. Well worth the price even though I don't even sell eggs, I give them away. But not to have gooey egg all over the other eggs and the nesting material is well worth it!