Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box (with Roll Out Tray)
- Metal components are galvanized and more than 1 mm thick
- ABS plastic is very tough
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- Galvanized Box: 12"L, 12.25"W, 16.5"H (approx size)
- Roll-out Tray: 7.25"L, 12"W (approx size)
- Assembly required
- Sloped top—prevents roosting.
- Curtained area—provides ample privacy and security.
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (some eggs roll easier than others).
- Removable nesting pad is easy to clean. Also reduces bedding needs. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Clifford H from Washington
I had some egg eaters and these nesting boxes are definitely helping.
I do have a problem with one chicken, not the nesting boxes. A broody Wyandotte. She tries to pull the egg back out so she can sit on it then cracks it gives up and the Cinnamon Queen comes along and eats it.
Do I eat the Wyandotte the Cinnamon Queen or both? Maybe a longer egg tray would prevent them from sticking their head in and pecking the eggs?
Eric M from Tennessee
I have two of these boxes. They are easy to assemble and well built. My only complaint is how tightly the tray cover snaps closed. It can be very hard to open. Easy to remedy though, as it is just a raised plastic tab that can be ground down to make it easier to open.
Shady O from Oregon
The girls gave their seal of approval immediately. Couldn't wait to try out the new nests. We threw a handful of hay in for them and will eventually go to the mats alone. Great product, good value. Assembly not a problem if you read the directions.
Wesley C from West Virginia
I have just built the boxes and have not hung them yet. However I was really please at how easily they went together. I consider myself pretty handy but I feel anyone could build theses. Only issue I could see is if you lose any of the screws, nuts, or pins there are no extras. I would recommend using a magnetic tray hold the hardware will constructing.
Richard C from Vermont
First surprise... boxes were very heavy. Not tinny junk. High quality. Bought three... first two perfect. Third was packed poorly. Hinge pin for plastic lid, one of two was missing. Trip to Tractor Supply and two dollars later... all is fine. Still happy... all in a day's work.