Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box
- Galvanized Box: 12"L x 12.25"W x 16.5"H (approx. size)
- Roll-out Tray: 7.25"L x 12"W (approx. size)
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- Ships flat. Assembly required.
- Curtained nest area provides privacy and security
- Sloped top prevents roosting
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (Note: Some eggs roll easier than others)
- Removable nesting pad reduces bedding needs and is easy to clean. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
- Durable construction—metal components are galvanized
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Alan D from Illinois
Easy to assemble. heavy construction box. Hens switched to this new box immediately. And we no longer have dirty and broken eggs.
Deborah G from Maryland
I've had many chickens, I've had many nest boxes. These are the best! This year, after raising chickens for 50 years I had my first egg eater. Couldn't catch which one and then I thought they might be some learning. So I bought these boxes. They are sturdy enough that I will leave them in my will. The chickens adapted in in one day. I took some of the nesting material from their old boxes and put it in there for a day or two. Removed it and they continued to lay. At first I taped one of the flaps up....after a week I un-taped it. A couple of eggs haven't rolled all the way down but the moment a chicken touches them they will. I think I know who the egg eater is now, she comes when I collect the eggs and tries to peck them as I am collecting. Well worth the price even though I don't even sell eggs, I give them away. But not to have gooey egg all over the other eggs and the nesting material is well worth it!
Richard H from Connecticut
We had used wooden eggs to stop hens from pecking at them, but when that failed we bought this type of nest and it did the trick. Well made of good materials and at a very good price too.
John D from Texas
Thoroughly satisfied with this nest box! Assembly was straightforward and results in a rugged nest box that should last for years. Adjustable tilt for rollout is great feature. Hens had no issues with changing their daily routine into this new box. I have six hens using a single box without any problems. (But have two extra nest boxes ready to be assembled when/if the need arises.). I would definitely recommend this box!
Darlene A from Pennsylvania
Great product! Solved my problem of the chickens eating their eggs. Bought 2- well worth the money.