Nettex Marking Crayons
Marking crayons make highly visible marks on ewes (or does) to let the shepherd quickly know which animals have been bred (and which haven't). Record the ear tag number and date for an estimated lambing/kidding date.
3 temperature options: All-weather, Cold/Soft, and Hot/Firm. (See table below for temperature recommendations.)
- Size: 4" length x (Front: 2" width, Back: 2 1/4" width) x 1" height
- Contains wax, colorants and inert excipients; no toxic components
- Metal cotter pin comes with each crayon
- Plastic cover protects crayons during transport
- Compatible with Premier’s Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness. (Harnesses sold separately.)
Marking Crayons Compared
|Colors:||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black|
How to Use
- Remove cotter pin
- Remove plastic cover
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder
- Gently slide up until it can go no further
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
The reviews have been mixed on Premier’s EZ-Mark® Crayons so we brought in harness crayons from a reputable UK manufacturer as an alternative. When marketed in Europe, Nettex crayons are available only as “all-weather”. But for the US market where the weather can fluctuate between extremes, they’ve introduced COLD/SOFT and HOT/FIRM options.
For folks familiar with Premier’s EZ-Mark crayons, Nettex All-weather crayons will offer similar performance in mild temperatures (40–80°F).
(Some customers have asked for the crayons that Pipestone used to supply prior to Premier's acquisition. Nettex is the same brand that Pipestone offered.)
James C from Idaho
Works well for marking. Only lasts 4-5 days before it need changed out. The cost isn’t bad, but shipping is a killer.
Taylor S from Indiana
Nex-Tex crayons are the only crayons we will use. The other brand Premier 1 sells falls apart and melts in 1 day. Nextex will last a few weeks compared to 1 day with the other brand. We've used in the cold & hot and haven't had a problem with them. They last a few weeks depending on the number of does being bred. We've tried all the colors and green & red seem to last the longest for us.
Kayla Z from North Dakota
We absolutely love using these cold weathered breeding crayons with our Premier breeding harness. Very durable, easy to see and work way better then any other one we have tried. Highly recommended!