Deluxe Marking Harness
Our Deluxe Marking Harness is a world-class breeding harness because:
- Wider (2"), blue nylon straps—distribute pressure more evenly over the ram's body. Also easier to find and adjust the straps when they're in deep wool.
- Unique padded (0.2" thick) white straps behind the front legs to prevent skin abrasion.
- Much larger snap buckles and metal loops—harness's connection and stress points are reinforced. Even gloved hands can manipulate the large snap buckles.
- Crayon holder is also padded.
- Uses Marking Crayons sold separately.
- Colors may vary
- Marking Crayon holder padding: 0.3"
Breeding Harnesses Compared
|Harness||Strap||Buckle||Shoulder Strap||Girth Strap||O Ring||Brisket Padding|
|Cross Your Heart||1"W
How to Use
Breeding SuppliesItem #505100 -
Marking aids allow for quick identification. Quickly identify which ewes/does have been bred.$4.70
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ariane R from Michigan
Used the first time and the clasp broke. Maybe it was a faulty one, but equally frustrating when you are trying to get your rams all out at the same time with a marker. So we had to jimmy-rig it to hopefully stay on while doing their job.
Terrapin Farms from Texas
Best on the market. I have tried marking harnesses from other websites, they don’t hold up and last like this one. I now have 3 of them (one for each stud), so I can leave the straps adjusted and color crayon for each ram. I like that the chest plate is large and padded, and the straps are wider than some other harnesses on the market. This is the only style I would recommend. They last for years.
Laurie W from Missouri
First, we have never used a marking harness before so we read the directions on how to put this on, and the instructions were for a different harness—one that has a brass clip. We did get it on securely (the videos on the website which we had to stop and watch were helpful.) But we find the chalk doesn't always rub off on the ewes. We watched him breed a ewe and no chalk came off. We bought the recommended marking crayons from Premier 1 and so they are new, it seemed to mark the ewes the first day it was on.
Gabriel G from Iowa
Too big for my 300# rams. Tightened as much as possible and still loose.
Darlene N from Nebraska
Harness was very nice and the directions for putting it on were good. It maybe would help if they made a smaller size also because of smaller younger bucks.