NoShock™ Hen Pen
A lightweight, non-electrified net enclosure for chickens and other poultry. Best when used as a monitored day pen for adult birds and chicks. Allows you to move your flock to fresh grass quickly and easily. Features a built-in step-through gate.
Because this fence cannot be electrified, we recommend that you move your birds to a safe, secure location at night. NoShock™ Hen Pen will not stop predators.
For protection from predators, look to Shock-Or-Not™ Poultry Fence which can also be used a day pen for young birds.
- Keep supervised free-range flocks out of flower beds, gardens, patios, roadways, etc. Great for folks with backyard chickens.
- Keep in chicks and ducklings when they are too small to be contained by PoultryNet®.
- Install around the garden to put ducks on “slug-patrol”.
Poultry Net Fences Compared
- 48" tall installed
- Black nylon mesh
- Lower 16" of netting has small 1.75" spacings to reduce the likelihood of chicks escaping the paddock
- Upper 32" of netting has larger 4" spacings
- Fiberglass posts (1/2" dia.) are exceptionally stiff and feature offset double spikes: 4.5" and 3". Posts are not pre-installed.
- Step-through gate hardware is included
- Available in two lengths:
- 39 ft length—includes 6 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 corner tie backs and 16 tie-down stakes (used to anchor net)
- 68 ft length—includes 10 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 tie backs, and 24 tie-down stakes
How to Install
- Before installing line posts, stretch the net out in an open area. For best results, ensure posts are woven through the mesh using the same vertical columns.
- The white post caps come detached to allow you to easily weave the line posts into the net without snagging. If desired, an acrylic adhesive can be used to permanently secure them to the post.
- Many find building a circular pen easier than creating a square or rectangular space. Why? Because measured post spacings are not as critical. To begin, secure the first and last post together. Then create a small circular enclosure with the remaining posts. Progressively expand the circular area outward to add tension. For more support when using a circular enclosure, position the posts so the double-spike faces inward.
- When moving the pen, or for storage, walk along the fence, removing the posts from the soil and holding them in your hand in a tidy bundle. This allows the loose netting to fold together into pleats. After all posts have been collected, lay the netting onto the ground and roll up the folds towards the bundle of posts. (This “fold and then roll” process is very similar to our electrifiable nets.)
Consult the assembly instructions (linked above) for additional information.
For flighty birds, clip their flight feathers on one wing to prevent escape.
Rabbits, chipmunks, mice and other small critters may chew through the nonelectrified strings of the HenPen.
Poultry SuppliesItem #209035 -
These are replacement parts ONLY for the NoShock Hen Pen.$2.58
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jason S from Wisconsin
I live in city limits and can't have free range chickens yet this netting allows our hens to get out of the coop/run. Set up and take down is easy so you can move it around yard and mow. Everytime I bring it out our hens go crazy and can't wait to get out of coop/run. As described this is not a predator safe enclosure. FYI you will need to attach all the poles/stakes upon delivery which does take some time.
Elisabeth P from North Carolina
At first I loved this product, but the bottom section is not strong enough and the hens make holes in it and get out of their yard. Too expensive to only last a little over a month.
Charlotte B from Texas
This product does not meet the high quality of fencing that Premier has. What a disappointment. If you are going to spend the money get the fencing with the posts already inline. IF you have to return it YOU PAY SHIPPING and it is half the cost of the product. Premier please rethink offering a return label at your discounted shipping costs!
Jeff T from South Carolina
Arrived fast and good quality. I like the door!
Deann M from Virginia
I like the product, didn't need electric type fencing, just something simple to keep hens corralled. the gate set up is great idea may need to drive another stake in ground depending on loosens of your soil. I have no worries of day time predators so this works for me. I would like to be able to have 2 gate accesses.