NoShock™ Hen Pen
New! Introducing the NoShock™ Hen Pen—a lightweight, non-electrified net enclosure for chickens and other poultry. Best when used as a monitored day pen for adult birds and chicks. Allows you to move your flock to fresh grass quickly and easily. Features a built-in step-through gate.
Because this fence cannot be electrified, we recommend that you move your birds to a safe, secure location at night. NoShock™ Hen Pen will not stop predators.
For protection from predators, look to Shock-Or-Not™ Poultry Fence which can also be used a day pen for young birds.
- Keep supervised free-range flocks out of flower beds, gardens, patios, roadways, etc. Great for folks with backyard chickens.
- Keep in chicks and ducklings when they are too small to be contained by PoultryNet®.
- Install around the garden to put ducks on “slug-patrol”.
Poultry Net Fences Compared
- 48" tall installed
- Black nylon mesh
- Lower 16" of netting has small 1.75" spacings to reduce the likelihood of chicks escaping the paddock
- Upper 32" of netting has larger 4" spacings
- Fiberglass posts (1/2" dia.) are exceptionally stiff and feature offset double spikes: 4.5" and 3". Posts are not pre-installed.
- Step-through gate hardware is included
- Available in two lengths:
- 39 ft length—includes 6 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 corner tie backs and 16 tie-down stakes (used to anchor net)
- 68 ft length—includes 10 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 tie backs, and 24 tie-down stakes
How to Install
- Before installing line posts, stretch the net out in an open area. For best results, ensure posts are woven through the mesh using the same vertical columns.
- The white post caps come detached to allow you to easily weave the line posts into the net without snagging. If desired, an acrylic adhesive can be used to permanently secure them to the post.
- Many find building a circular pen easier than creating a square or rectangular space. Why? Because measured post spacings are not as critical. To begin, secure the first and last post together. Then create a small circular enclosure with the remaining posts. Progressively expand the circular area outward to add tension. For more support when using a circular enclosure, position the posts so the double-spike faces inward.
- When moving the pen, or for storage, walk along the fence, removing the posts from the soil and holding them in your hand in a tidy bundle. This allows the loose netting to fold together into pleats. After all posts have been collected, lay the netting onto the ground and roll up the folds towards the bundle of posts. (This “fold and then roll” process is very similar to our electrifiable nets.)
Consult the assembly instructions (linked above) for additional information.
For flighty birds, clip their flight feathers on one wing to prevent escape.
Rabbits, chipmunks, mice and other small critters may chew through the nonelectrified strings of the HenPen.
Poultry SuppliesItem #209035 -
These are replacement parts ONLY for the NoShock Hen Pen.$2.58
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David P from New Mexico
The NoShock Hen Pen fencing is an excellent product of very high quality. Installation is simple and fast - just a few hours. Our 12 hens are enjoying their new roaming yard, and we are looking forward to not having to chase them out of the garden next year.
Eleanor S from Florida
Just get the electric one. Put this up for my 6 week old chicks. Day one was great. Day two they learned to jump up to the bigger openings and climb through. I suppose it might work for full grown chickens.
Lana B from Missouri
Nice barrier for our dog. Great quality fence material.
Instruction pretty hard to figure out. It only took 3 seniors to put fence up. Poles could b sturdier but they do job.
Timothy K from Florida
Works perfectly for what I needed. I use it to go across my yard to keep my chickens in one part of the yard. Put together with ease
Rachel B from New York
I bought this for grazing my chickens outside their enclosed run. It was easy to set up and easy to reposition. The fence is quite durable. The smaller chickens have discovered they could fit through the larger mesh, wish the smaller mesh went higher. Very satisfied ordered another two so I could create a larger area. I do monitor the birds during the day, otherwise I would probably use an electrified fence.