NoShock™ Hen Pen
A lightweight, non-electrified net enclosure for chickens and other poultry. Best when used as a monitored day pen for adult birds and chicks. Allows you to move your flock to fresh grass quickly and easily. Features a built-in step-through gate.
Because this fence cannot be electrified, we recommend that you move your birds to a safe, secure location at night. NoShock™ Hen Pen will not stop predators.
For protection from predators, look to Shock-Or-Not™ Poultry Fence which can also be used a day pen for young birds.
- Keep supervised free-range flocks out of flower beds, gardens, patios, roadways, etc. Great for folks with backyard chickens.
- Keep in chicks and ducklings when they are too small to be contained by PoultryNet®.
- Install around the garden to put ducks on “slug-patrol”.
Poultry Net Fences Compared
- 48" tall installed
- Black nylon mesh
- Lower 16" of netting has small 1.75" spacings to reduce the likelihood of chicks escaping the paddock
- Upper 32" of netting has larger 4" spacings
- Fiberglass posts (1/2" dia.) are exceptionally stiff and feature offset double spikes: 4.5" and 3". Posts are not pre-installed.
- Step-through gate hardware is included
- Available in two lengths:
- 39 ft length—includes 6 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 corner tie backs and 16 tie-down stakes (used to anchor net)
- 68 ft length—includes 10 double spike support posts, step-through gate, 4 tie backs, and 24 tie-down stakes
How to Install
- Before installing line posts, stretch the net out in an open area. For best results, ensure posts are woven through the mesh using the same vertical columns.
- The white post caps come detached to allow you to easily weave the line posts into the net without snagging. If desired, an acrylic adhesive can be used to permanently secure them to the post.
- Many find building a circular pen easier than creating a square or rectangular space. Why? Because measured post spacings are not as critical. To begin, secure the first and last post together. Then create a small circular enclosure with the remaining posts. Progressively expand the circular area outward to add tension. For more support when using a circular enclosure, position the posts so the double-spike faces inward.
- When moving the pen, or for storage, walk along the fence, removing the posts from the soil and holding them in your hand in a tidy bundle. This allows the loose netting to fold together into pleats. After all posts have been collected, lay the netting onto the ground and roll up the folds towards the bundle of posts. (This “fold and then roll” process is very similar to our electrifiable nets.)
Consult the assembly instructions (linked above) for additional information.
For flighty birds, clip their flight feathers on one wing to prevent escape.
Rabbits, chipmunks, mice and other small critters may chew through the nonelectrified strings of the HenPen.
Poultry SuppliesItem #209035 -
These are replacement parts ONLY for the NoShock Hen Pen.$2.58
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kat S from North Carolina
I got it set up and was loving it for 3ish weeks, then something chewed right through it. Chewed a big hole in the bottom section. I know it's stated will not keep predators out, but I didn't think it would get chewed, rather something would get up and over or under etc. UGH. So, it's a big waste of my money now.
Sandra H from Washington State
As you can see from my review of September 19, I really like my hen pen. I have added four chicks that I want to keep separate from the older hens for now so I bought another hen pen. I love the ease of moving the fence to make fresh grass available with new places to scratch and peck. As the babies get bigger and join the others in the big coop, I have the option of putting the two fences together with lots of room for all nine.
Sandra H from Washington
I am so happy with my new hen pen! I was ready to fence in all my gardens so my chickens didn’t destroy them while free ranging. This moveable fence solved that problem so much easier. I have 5 hens and the fence is plenty large enough for them and even more hens.
Mina R from Utah
This order was processed immediately. We were surprised at the speed, and everything was in perfect order. We've put the fence up, joining it to one we purchased before from this company, and the chickens are no longer trying to fly over and help me with the garden.
Jason I from Georgia
We love this fence. Its much smaller (shorter) and lighter than the regular electric versions. Plus the gate is awesome. Pretty easy to set up, it was a pain since it was 150 degrees and in Georgia.... but other than that its awesome.