- Hot-dip galvanized
- 36" tall
- 1.5" deep
- 46" wide unfolded
- 6" wide folded
- Space for ewe's neck adjusts (3 widths) with movable pin
- Fits into existing lambing pens with 2 connecting pins (not included)
- Approximate wall thickness is 2-3mm depending on size of square tubing
- Galvanized should not rust (unless left in wet manure.)
- Folds down to 6" wide for easy storage.
- Place in corner of pen.
- If using wire panels in the pen, have the orphan headgate so that the connectors are sticking through the wire panels. Slide a connecting pin (not included) into each connector.
- If using wood pens, just wire the headgate to the sides of the pen.
- Adjust width of headgate to fit ewe's neck.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Yvonne/Elizabet B from CA
Extremely disappointed in workmanship. No instructions came with product and the holes drilled in top and bottom were not completed properly so the pin on both top and bottom only fits in 1 space rendering it useless. Usually I love premier but today I am disappointed.
Jean-Francois S from maryland
It worked very well and is easy to use. I had to push the ewe in a bit, but once in it, it ewe did not mind at all.
Sandra P from Virginia
It saved a lamb for me, and I bought a second one to graft orphan twins onto mothers of singles, which worked.
Two drawbacks: My ewes are in wool at lambing, so they have very little wiggle room in the headgate and it is difficult for them to reach their water buckets (I have to use short 2 & 3 gallon buckets for water so they can reach into them). Also, the headgates require 4 nuts and bolts to attach the stabilizer bar to the sides. The first headgate I ordered came with only 2 nuts and bolts, which was inconvenient, but at least the bar could still be used. The second headgate I ordered came with only one nut and bolt, rendering the stabilizer bar unusable until I had made 2 trips to buy them; since no info on the size and length of needed bolts is included with the headgate, or anywhere in the catalog, I bought bolts that were too big and had to be exchanged. The first night my ewe was restrained in it, without the stabilizer bar, the headgate shifted when she turned so that she couldn't reach her bucket and had no access to water.
Peter P from New Hampshire
We have used this a couple times when one year olds wouldn't nurse their lambs. A home made wood one worked but this is so much easier,
and no more bottle babies...
Randa D from MO
We loved how the headgate fit in the corner of the lambing jugs. We were able to graft all of our bottle lambs this year with the help of this gate. I'm not sure how we raised sheep before we got it!