PermaNet® 10/48/6 Electric Netting
Use PermaNet for sites that have installation problems for permanent wire fences (hills, rocks, curves, trees, no machine access). It keeps sheep and goats in and predators out. Can stop a wide range of animals.
How does it compare to our temporary nets (ElectroNet® and E'Stop™, etc?)
- Designed to be left in one place for months or years. For this it has stronger, heavier, larger PVC posts with longer, thicker, steel spikes, supporting the net better through wind, rain, ice and snow.
- It's taller, 48"--therefore more reliable.
- It's a very good conductor (low electrical resistance). This is critical as weed contact may become heavy.
- Supplied in many lengths--to enable users to buy the right length for each situation.
Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- 10 horizontals (9 electrified).
- Horizontals are white and black.
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 6", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6", 6", 6".
- Verticals are white plastic strings placed every 6".
- Posts are .75" PVC with a metal spike that goes into the ground.
- Posts are available with a single spike (SS) that goes into the ground or double spike (DS) that goes into the ground.
- Post spikes are 8" long and 0.31" in diameter on the single spike posts.
- Post spikes are 7" long and 0.31" in diameter on the double spike posts.
- Posts are spaced every 12.5'.
- 48" tall.
- Comes in 25', 50', 100' or 150' lengths.
- 43 Ohms of resistance/1000 feet.
- 150' rolls also come in green/black. Green horizontals and black verticals allow this net to blend aesthetically into natural backgrounds.
- Each net comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- #206620 - $1.33 per ft (150' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206622 - $1.33 per ft (150' green roll with single spike posts)
- #206615 - $1.41 per ft (100' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206610 - $1.74 per ft (50' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206600 - $2.56 per ft (25' white roll with single spike posts)
- #206621 - $1.49 per ft (150' white roll Pos/Neg with single spike posts)
- #206616 - $1.69 per ft (100' white roll Pos/Neg with single spike posts)
- #207075 - $1.41 per ft (150' white roll with double posts).
- #206623 - $1.41 per ft (150' green roll with double spike posts)
- #207065 - $1.54 per ft (100' white roll with double spike posts).
- #207055 - $1.90 per ft (50' white roll with double spike posts)
- #207080 - $1.56 per ft (150' white roll Pos/Neg with double spike posts)
- #207070 - $1.80 per ft (100' white roll Pos/Neg with double spike posts)
Weeds must be controlled for PermaNet to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide (see photos above) along the bottom strand of the net. If you can’t do this, PermaNet may not be the right net for you.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Even though this net is more stable than other nets, extra posts may still be needed to keep the hot strands off of the ground.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/SS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet 12/48/3, ElectroFence 11/48/12 or PermaNet Plus 12/48/3Item #206501 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.99
Posts and AccessoriesItem #206504 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.99
Posts and AccessoriesItem #206505 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$3.58
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/DS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet & Plus 12/48/3, Horse and Cattle QF 4/48/24 or ElectroFence & Plus 11/48/12Item #207046 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$3.52
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, VersaNet 60, ElectroNet (DP), PoultryNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), ElectroFence & Plus, PermaNet & PlusItem #201730 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206502 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.75" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.21
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206503 -
Replacement clip designed for the steel spikes on posts.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sheryl M from Kansas
Bought the PermaNet for my goats. After a strong wind went outside and seen a huge tree had fell on the fence. I just knew that the netting and posts were damaged. After my husband and I got the chainsaw and cut the trunk and limbs off fence to my astonishment the netting wasn't damaged. On the posts all we had to do was bend the spike back into shape the post was as good as new. Great product.
Larry H from North Carolina
We had to separate the male goats from the others and needed some good fencing fast. The PermaNet double spike is working beautifully. It was also very easy to change the boundaries of the grazing area... to what now should be our more permanent configuration. We will be purchasing more.
Blake/margaret D from Colorado
I like the smaller squares. I am able to put up by myself. I like the flat heads rather than the round. I have used the temporary electronet for a number of years and will continue with Premier. Just waiting for the gates to be available and order a few more fences. I never have to worry about coyotes and foxes getting my tiny lambs. I also use the netting for chickens. Not too excited about the double spikes as they tend to bend unevenly and will not consider buying the double spike for the sheep.
Brenda O from Oregon
Perfect. Just what was needed for wolves.
Emily E from New York
Super fast and efficient! We have a mini donkey and mini horse that can't go out with the larger herd due to bullying. We've been using other temporary fences (electric rope from another company) with these two mini's for 2 years now, with CONSTANT escape issues. This netting was so easy and quick to set up. It took me less than 30 minutes from unwrapping the package to turning out the mini's. A typical set up with the other temporary fencing? 3-4 hours, if not longer due to stringing up the wire, adjusting posts, adjusting height and correcting sagging, connection issues and cutting down anything and everything that could possibly ground the wire. A huge pain in the rear. The area we used had waste high grass that I knocked down with my Prius and set the fence right on it with no grounding issues. This is a MUST BUY product for containing livestock who are crafty and determined to escape. Thank you Premier1, we are looking forward to future purchases as we work to replace all of our fencing.