- Used to provide feed to a ram or two on pasture or to feed a small pen of show lambs or goat kids.
- Excellent all-purpose trough for birds and small animals works well for providing feed or water to waterfowl (which consume case quantities of water!)
- Feed livestock protection dogs and puppies without worrying about the feeder being tipped over by a playful puppy (or ewe).
- Measures 34" long by 12.25" wide at bottom
- Measures 32.25" long by 10" wide at top
- Depth is 5.25"
- 4.5 gallon capacity
- Difficult for animals to tip over.
- Stackable for easy movement and storage.
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice.
- High sides prevent feed from being knocked out and wasted.
- Won't break if water freezes in it.
- Rounded inner base is slick so sheep and goats dislike stepping in them.
- Depth of water allows waterfowl to bathe their heads to their eyes and nostrils.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Easy to use, easy to clean, keeps the poultry happy.
I bought one of these, and liked it so much I went back and bought another. I have an "accidental" pet duck in my laying flock of chickens, and I was looking for something easier to keep clean and sturdier than a kiddie pool.
Not only does Bernadette The Weather Duck® (she has her own Facebook fan page, silly thing!) love the troughs, but the chickens do, also.
And, as usual, great service from the team at P1. Love your products, and your catalog is Victoria's Secret for hobby farmers. Can't wait to have room for goats.
Chickens are gateway livestock, aren't they?
I have the older style of these. These have got to be one of the best, toughest feeders on the market. I love these! Really handy, light weight, portable... and SUPER durable!!! Hold up to being "moved around" by the livestock, freezing weather, being stepped in, banging them to remove snow, ice, etc. Drill tiny holes in them if you want to keep them outside all the time, for rain to drain out easily. These are one of the few feeders I've had that have held up against the stuff dished out by big rams, and overly eager ewes, etc. Lambs will step in them alot, but overall, the sheep don't like to step in them too much. Very easy to clean. I'd highly recommend them if you have various pens, paddocks or pastures where you have to feed a variety of animals in separate enclosures. You won't be disappointed in this product.