Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Easier to handle
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Candace S from Ohio
This shear is everything they say about it. It’s lightweight, durable, and fast. It’s worth every penny spent.
Gene C from Iowa
I ordered on a Sunday, I lambed on Tuesday and would you believe the shears came in TWO days using the ground free delivery. I was having difficulty getting the lambs to latch on due to the long wool. I turned the ewe over and quickly sheared what needed to be sheared with the smoothest quietest shears I have ever had the opportunity to use. I highly recommend Premier 4000 shears as well as Premier 1.
Stop second guessing and buying inferior clippers and shears and GET THIS!
The old saying of the right tool makes the job easier is SO true! After looking around for a pair of shears locally and not finding anything, I purchased a cordless pair of VERY high end, cordless clippers and a wide blade from a local store after call the company and having them assure them that it truly WOULD handle donkey and alpaca hair/fleece with no problem. One freaked out donkey, and one annoyed mommy later I made another call to complain. They suggested another blade. Rinse and repeat THREE more times with three new blades.
ANNOYED beyond belief, I remembered seeing shears on Premier1 when I ordered my electric poultry fence a couple of years ago. A quick internet search and boom, there they were! I called and spoke with customer service and they PROMISED that these shears would make quick work of a dirty, dirty donkey! (the other company finally came clean and told me that their clippers would ONLY work on clean, groomed hair and fleece. UM, you don't wash donkeys and NO ONE washes and dries their alpacas and llama and sheep before shearing!)
Fast forward to today. The shears came VERY quickly and tonight was only 90' at 830pm, so it was shave a donkey night! I oiled them up and off we went! FAST FAST FAST AND CLEAN! great swaths of hair with no tugging or pulling or catching! Even matted hair behind their ears.
I made sure to apply more oil every 3 minutes and a quick spray out with cooling spray and another oil down every other time. Had the donkeys been a little more cooperative I'd have had them done in 10 minutes flat!
Thank you for such a high quality product! It's not horribly noisy, not terribly heavy and is well balanced!
(MY ONLY complaint is that little bottle of oil that comes with it. It leaked all over the case it came in and too much comes out of the bottle at once when you go to use it.) But that in NO way effects the shears or how they work!
Michael W from New York
My wife and I are beginner shearers. We couldn't find anyone to shear our angora goats so we decided to do it ourselves. We bought a cheap pair from amazon, and lets say what they were, cheap. I kept getting drawn back to these but was very hesitant to spend the money. We bought the shears with the Phantom R comb, and wow...That's all I can really say. The shears are quiet enough almost to the point where we can hold a conversation without yelling at each other. They weren't joking when they said a child can use them, they are light and very small and comfortable in the hand. They come in a brief case and honestly are very well built. I wish though that there was a directional arrow on the tension knob but that's really the only flaw I can find. Both myself and my wife (who is honestly scared of most power tools and will not operate them) uses these with ease, and remember this is our first time shearing our goats.
The ease of use, quietness, and overall performance will definitely make me speak premier 1 until someone can show me differently. I will definitely be using these and buying extra combs/cutters as my heard expands.
Stephen F from California
Just got done with a shearing course and starting my shearing biz. These worked great for my hobby flock. Hopefully they will help me make an income.