Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock. Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Great shearer. I used it for my Icelandic sheep. Very easy and light in the hand.
I've used these to spring shear about 25-40 black face sheep a year. They're wonderful. Plenty of power, never get hot, and aren't tiring to use like the Oster Shearmasters. Plus I love that I can use a clipper head with them for slick shearing lambs too. I'll never use anything else.
Shears functioned without incident. Shearing of sheep was effortless. Quality of manufacturing is top notch. Very happy with end product and will purchase these type shears and combs