Premier Coarse Clipping Blade Set
- Ranch dogs
- Beef & Dairy cattle (peeling)
- 17 tooth, top blade
- 18 tooth, bottom blade
- 0.12" cutting depth
- Blades come to you in our Premier Blade Box
Blade Exchange—SAVE $17 PER BLADE SET!
- How do you save $17 a set? Exchange any used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $33 (plus shipping). You save $10 (compared to a new blade set) plus a $7 cost to resharpen the used Lister blades. Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $47 and XtraCovers will be $35.
- Must it be an exact upgrade? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier blade.
- Why only Lister® blades?
Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
Note: We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- Enter #868600 in the Catalog Quick Order (at the top left side of Premier's home page).
- Go to your Shopping Cart.
- A "Laser Imprinting" item will be listed in your shopping cart.
- In the Customization field, tell us exactly what you would like imprinted on your blade.
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #828001 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$332.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Heather H from South Carolina
Item # 871000 (The Premier Coarse Clipping Blade Set) was a perfect replacement for the blades that came with my Lister Star clippers. Originally the Lister came with blades that cut too close for body clipping horses. The coarse is what most people prefer for horses and leaves a beautiful shiny coat behind, with just enough hair. The service was good and I really like the great little metal box the blades come in.
Sherri from California
Since I am new to using clippers I wanted to start with blades that didn't cut so close that it looked as though I was a complete beginner. These were perfect and I didn't have to wait for any hair to grow out to hide any mistakes. My hair lambs looked great and I was able to take pictures right away.
Mark & Janet D from Michigan
Bought the clipper head and these to go on my 4000S motor. Work great on our Golden Doodle.
Ellyn J from Michigan
I sent three sets of blades on Monday from Michigan and had them back Saturday. I hit more sheep sheared today. Thank you for such quick turn around.
David T from B.C. Canada
My order of combs and cutter blades (course) for Camalids arrived in a timely fashion. Started shearing our Alpacas the same day they worked perfectly.