- Slick shearing sheep
- Clipping heads and bellies of cattle
- Clipping show goats
- Body clipping performance horses
- 35 teeth
- 0.06" cutting depth
- Blades come to you in our Metal Premier Blade Box.
- The clipping blade set includes the lower blade and top blade.
- Blades fit Premier 4000c, Premier's older models the 3000C & 1000C.
- Also fits Lister® Star, Stablemate and Laser & Neon.
Premier offers a sharpening service for all blades. Use item #868800 for resharpening clipping blade sets.
Premier Blade Exchange
Our offer—exchange a used, dull or rusted Lister® blade set for a new Premier blade set for only $30 (plus shipping). You save $17!
- How do you save $17 a set?
You save $10 off a new blade set from Premier (they retail for $40) plus the $7 resharpening fee on the used blades.
- Must it be an exact upgrade?
Fine blades for fine blades? No. Any Lister® blade may be exchanged for any Premier Surgical, Fine, Medium or Coarse blade in any combination (i.e. a Premier Fine for a Lister Medium). Note: Super Surgical and XtraCover blade sets can be included in the offer. Super Surgicals will be $40 and XtraCovers will be $32.
- Why only Lister® blades?
Because they are the only blades that interchange (fit the same machines) with Premier blades.
- Remember: Include the CODE: WE in the Promo Code Box and press Apply Promo. We will not ship these new blades until we receive your old Lister set(s). Reshipping cost still applies.
- Premier blade sets fit:
Premier's Clippers: 1000c, 3000c and 4000c
Lister's Clippers: Laser, Liberty, Legend, Showman, Stablemate and Star
How to Use
How to attach clipper blades onto your clipping machine.See "Downloadable PDF" above.
Setting Tension for Clipping Head
- Remove the tension bolt assembly.
- Fit the blades on to the clipper head. The top blade will fit into the groove of the clipper head. The bottom blade should be placed over the comb pegs with the Premier logo visible. Screw the tension nut down hand-tight.
- Turn the tension nut back two turns.
- Oil the blades. Apply a few drops of oil at least every 3 min. to prolong blade sharpness and reduce friction and heating.
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
Sharpening and Cleaning
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Eva S from Idaho
These blades stay sharp and are very sturdy. There is almost no risk of cutting lambs skin with them and they leave a nice smooth cut job on the lamb. If they are kept clean and oiled, and the lambs are washed before they are clipped, they seem to last forever. We are going on 21 lambs with one single fine blade and still have had no problems. I bought 2 more just as extras but the first one is still going. I also love that they come in the little box that keeps them together.
Diane M from Oregon
Got my blades in just a couple days and slick sheard our lambs for the fair! These are great blades that give a very close cut without cutting the lambs. Thank you!
Nancy M from Canada
More a review of the customer service rather than the product... had ordered the fine blades which I have done fro almost 10 years :) Customs opened them and only the bottom blade was delivered. Premiere had the top blade delivered to me with a couple of days, hassle free. The lambs were shorn in time for our local fair! Y'all are awesome!!