- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment.
- Made from 1" and 2" nylon strapping.
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I cannot say enough about this product. If installed properly its 95% effective. It takes some patience to put on but so worth it. I run 300 poly ewes and used the harness on 5hd. Two sets of triplets 3 sets of twins. All lambed past the harness. I do highly recomend having ewes seperate to observe during birth. These same 5 ewes if sewn by vet probably would have kept straining and blew out agian, then you have avet bill and a dead ewe! Any vet that says this product doesnt work has never tried one. I have raised sheep for 30 years and never used a product with such dramatic results. One more note. After the prolapse is back in place and the harness is snuggly installed the ewe will calm down and stop straining!