Q-flex® 3 Ear Tags
Excellent for adult rams and ewes. Readable by most folks. Not too heavy for an adult animal's ears.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.
- Dimensions: 1.63" x 1.5"
- 20 tags per package
- Polyurethane, 2-piece tag
- Insert tags using Q-flex, Pro or Allflex® applicators.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted or handwritten on with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Scrapie approved tags are not available in blue. Flock ID number will be imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Richard J from Oregon
These are good tags, better quality than the easy tags Premiers sold before switching to Q-flex. My only complaint is that sometimes the white on black printing lacks contrast. We tag all of our male goats with black so it is easy to spot when a libidinous goat has found its way to the opposite sex herd. The high readability colors are great for getting ID on does, sometimes with a scope, when they kid in pasture. The black tags are fine for short distance.
Diane L from Tennessee
Very happy with them and will order again. Perfect for goats. Easy to read.
Caitlin R from Montana
Love these tags. We rarely have to replace them and the customer service is excellent. If your directions for customization are at all unclear, premier reps will take the time to call you and ask again what you want on your tags. Excellent value. We only order tags from premier1. They are very quick to arrive as well, usually 2-3 days after I place the order. It was a lifesaver for scrape tags last year, as I'd ordered free ones from the usda and three weeks into my wait they still hadn't arrived a few days before we were set to sell lambs, ordered more from premier and those rags arrived the day before we sold lambs, very dependable company.
Scott D from Tennessee
Everything was as promised. They always ship the product in a timely manner , never any problems what so ever . I custom order these tags online and they get them correct every time .
Kenneth P from Iowa
Very Happy with tags. There are exactly what I was looking for.