- Made of UV stabilized polycarbonate, which is less likely to break than polypropylene handles.
- Internal compression springs instead of expansion springs (prone to stretching).
- All metal parts are stainless steel--won't rust.
- Larger hand grips for a safer hold.
- Choice of 2 colors. Black is perhaps the most durable. White is most visible against grass.
- Turn off the energizer.
- Attach SafeHandle to conductor by inserting it into the eyelet end of handle. Then, either tie a knot in the conductor or use a specific connector (sold separately) to attach conductor to handle.
- Place the hook end into activator (either a wood-post or steel-post activator, sold separately).
- Make the electrical connection to the activator with an insulated wire (sold separately).
See downloadable pdf above.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tom P from Md
Love these handles! They take some abuse and hold up well.
An effective, well-insulated gate handle at a great price. If you need a good gate handle that you can easily see in tall grass, this is the handle for you.
I strongly dislike working around electrified fences/gates, so when I first tried a SafeHandle I felt safe unhooking an electrified wire. I will never purchase another brand. The only one I've had to replace just couldn't take being driven over. I also use these as an emergency splice in temporary fences if a wire breaks/burns through and I don't have an easy way to get the slack I need to tie the ends together.