- Length: 9.25"
- Plastic portion measures 6"
- All metal parts are stainless steel—won't rust
- Black & white available
- Made of UV stabilized polycarbonate, which is less likely to break than polypropylene handles
- Larger hand grips for a safer hold.
- Black handle is most durable. White is most visible against grass.
- Internal compression springs instead of expansion springs (prone to stretching).
- Turn off the energizer.
- Attach SafeHandle to conductor by inserting it into the eyelet end of handle. Then, either tie a knot in the conductor or use a RopeLink to attach conductor to handle.
- Place the hook end into activator (either a wood-post activator or steel T post activator).
- Make the electrical connection to the activator with insulated wire.
Also see downloadable electrified gate diagram above.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I strongly dislike working around electrified fences/gates, so when I first tried a SafeHandle I felt safe unhooking an electrified wire. I will never purchase another brand. The only one I've had to replace just couldn't take being driven over. I also use these as an emergency splice in temporary fences if a wire breaks/burns through and I don't have an easy way to get the slack I need to tie the ends together.