Sealed Lead Acid (12 volt) Batteries
- Electric fence energizers
- Battery backup (UPS) for computers
- Alarm systems
- Sump pumps
- Fish finders
|5-1/2"L x 2-1/2"W x 3-1/2"H
|6"L x 3-3/4"W x 3-1/2"H
|6-1/2"L x 3-3/4"W x 6-1/2"H
|7"L x 3"W x 6-1/2"H
|7"L x 6-1/2"W x 5"H
|7-1/2"L x 5"W x 6-1/2"H
|7-3/4"L x 6-1/2"W x 6-1/2"H
|7-1/2"L x 10"W x 6-1/2"H
* Supplied as two 35Ah batteries that you will need to connect.
Failure to maintain a sealed lead acid (SLA) battery will dramatically shorten the lifespan and/or permanently damage it.
- Immediately after recharging, allow the battery to “rest” for 45–60 minutes, then measure the voltage. A fully charged battery should have a resting voltage between 12.8V–12.6V.
- If storing batteries over the winter, periodically recharge to full at least once per month.
- Keep batteries from freezing, especially if discharged lower than 11.8V.
- Recharge frequently even if the battery is not fully discharged. Don’t allow the voltage to drop below 10.5V for an extended period. Premier’s all-in-one solar fence energizers contain advanced circuitry to recharge 12V batteries using the solar panel when exposed to direct sunlight.
- To extend battery life, use a 2 amp or less trickle charge. Repeated fast charging will reduce the capacity of the battery.
Note: 12V SLA batteries are a rechargeable battery that if not properly and frequently recharged with a solar panel or trickle charger may result in premature degradation or failure. Proper maintenance is a requirement for these batteries to function as intended/advertised.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
David E from New Hampshire
The battery for my electric fence died of old age. I ordered 2 replacements from the field on my cell phone and 4 days later I had the replacement batteries using standard shipping. The whole process was seamless.
Gib B from North Carolina
This review is really about the service of the person who handled my call to customer service. She was especially efficient, professional and helpful. She found my order history and was able to advise me that my old battery had outlived its service life. She did not push the premier product but assured me that I could purchase a battery locally if I was in a hurry to get my charger back into use. Thank you Premier.
Joanne V from New York
Bought 2 extra to recharge at home so that they are ready to replace working batteries in PRS units. Winter is tough on the batteries with low temps and several days in a row of no sun. It's good to have some charged and ready to replace those in the field. Batteries last about 3 or less if used year round.
April S from Washington
I bought two of these so that I could switch out the batteries in my IntelliShock® 120 energizer instead of recharging them in place. This has been so helpful. Recharging the batteries while still inside the energizer took all day. That was a day or night that a pasture was unprotected, since there is no electricity near the pasture and the energizer had to be brought into the house to recharge. That wasn't a big deal in the summer -- the batteries rarely needed to be recharged with the solar panel doing most of the work. But now that summer is gone and the sun is only around 8 hours a day, usually blocked by clouds, recharging is a weekly event. I can't have my energizer out of commission that often. Always having fully charged batteries available to switch out is a wonderful option. It's easy to do, takes only a few moments, and then the discharged batteries can be recharged (using a regular battery charger) immediately when brought in, ready when next needed.
Thomas R from Indiana
My solar fence charger was 3 years old and no charge was detected. Purchased the replacement (2) 12v batteries and now my charger is running like new. Very happy with the purchase and they arrived quickly. Purchased for PRS 100 fence charger.