Step-In FiberRod Posts (3/8 in. dia.)
A step-in fiberglass fence post well-suited for rotational grazing. Lightweight and stiff, this post will support a variety of electric fence conductors using SnapOn Harp Clips. 3/8" diameter.
- Features a protective polyester veil for longer life and less splintering.
- Removed non-adjustable harp clip, but retained safety cap to prevent injury to livestock. Harp clips can be added to suit.
- Stronger, more durable footplate.
- White, for more visibility.
- 3/8" dia
- Spike: 8" long, pencil-pointed for easy insertion
- Rod: UV-resistant coated. Polyester veil for longer life and fewer splinters. White for increased visibility.
- Special black ball top which allows gentle tapping on the top with a hammer
- Single-base step-in footplate. Strong enough for step-in purposes in softer soils
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Robert M from Florida
These are so much better than the fiberglass posts I was using from the farm store chain. Post are very strong, but still have just a little bit of flex. Step in is very sturdy. The plastic clips stay on very well, but can slide them up and down to hold wire/tape where I need it. Well worth the money, I will be buying a lot more of these.
Richard P from Kentucky
I like these posts better than the ones from the chain farm stores. Seems I am constantly replacing posts because the clips get broken off. With these posts and harp clips, I just have to replace a 25¢ clip instead of the $2 post. Plus I can put the wires where I need them instead of the positions predetermined on the posts.
Don H from New York
Rods are sturdy and well made. Be aware, though, that the only clips that will attach are the harp clips. I ordered the screw on type which can't fit over the top. Had to exchange for harp clips.
Jacquie K from North Carolina
I ordered these reluctantly. Previously we had used stirrup posts in white plastic that I thought were great. These are lighter—I carried them out to the line in two bundles, I put the harp clips on inside and then took the line and posts out and put up 160 feet of temporary fence in two hours. It was so easy and simple! Great product, great company. I was expecting slow delivery—but it was here very promptly in great packaging. I buy clipping blades from Premier and I must say, they are very good at clear instructions, great service and taking care of their customers.
Ben P from Virginia
Quite possibly the best step-in post ever invented! Over the past 15+ years, I've tried many different step-in posts. This one is the best I've tried by far.
- has a step in base so doesn't require packing a rubber mallet to put up a fence like other fiber posts
- doesn't get tangled when transported/stored like a metal step in post with a pig tail
- has a knob on the top to protect animals from the sharp top
- has a knob on the top to protect the post when you need to hammer it in
- line height is infinitely adjustable just by slipping harp clip up or down as needed
- can string multiple lines if/when needed just by adding more harp clips
- harp clips can be difficult to install (very tight)
- I don't have enough of them