Goldfoot Springsteel Pigtail Posts
Galvanized springsteel post from Strainrite® Fencing Systems. Thick plastic insulation resists UV exposure. Jumps back into position if a person or animal bends the post over. The 40.5" post offers added height to contain goats, or jumpy cattle and sheep.
Holds one conductor. If additional conductors are needed, clip-on insulators may be added.
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- White pigtail, gray metal shaft
- 33" or 40.5" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic
- 7mm (.28") diameter shaft; shaft is not electrified
- Galvanized steel construction resists corrosion
- Springsteel posts “spring” back into position when bent over
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic for years of use, even in harsh conditions
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Peter L from Minnesota
Rugged post. Works great.
Dawn M from New York
Posts work great for putting up a temporary fence for rotational grazing. Fast and easy to install.
David R from Oklahoma
Best step-in post I have found.
Scott D from Tennessee
I have super rocky soil and these posts were able to hold up.
Lindalee S from Pennsylvania
Great product! I have replaced all the plastic posts purchased from the local farm store with these. The plastic ones were about 50 cents less, but most didn't last an entire season. I am going into year two with some of these pigtail posts and they are as good as the first time I used them. They are much easier to sink into the ground also. I highly recommend these posts, they work very well with rotational grazing.