Extra Heavy Duty Insulated Cable
Heavy duty electric fence cable from Strainrite Fencing Systems with an extra thick layer of insulation (vs. Standard Insulated Cable). It’s a reliable choice for carrying voltage underground in very cold and high UV situations.
- Two layers of UV-resistant low density polyethylene
- Soft insulation is easy to strip back
- Resistant to cracking in severe frost conditions
- Pliable and easy to work with
- Lead out wires
- Connecting energizers to fences and/or ground rods
- Underneath gateways
- Gate activators
- Flood gaps to fences
- Length: 82', pre-wound on plastic reel
- Outside diameter: 8.3mm (1/3")
- 2.5mm (3/32") galvanized steel wire
- UV-resistant polyethylene insulation
- 35 Ω ohm resistance per 3,280'
- 12 year warranty
- Made in New Zealand
Strainrite® Insulated Cable—Quick Comparison
- Cut cable to length with wire cutters.
- Strip off insulation (approx. 3") and attach to connection point. (Note: It can be removed and reinstalled.)
- Removed and reinstall, if needed.
Avoid using household insulated wire (rated at 600V) for electric fences. Fence voltages may exceed 10,000V and household wire will eventually fail. Do NOT use it!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.