T Ground Rods
This ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
- Heights: 3 ft or 18"
- Diameter: 1/2"
How to Use
- Allow 3 ft of ground rod per joule of energy output. 18" ground rods are to be used with energizers with outputs of 0.5 joules or less.
- Space 18" rods at least 27" apart
- Space 3 ft rods at least 5 ft apart
- Space 6 ft rods at least 10 ft apart
- In dry/sandy soil—use ground rods long enough to reach moist soil