T Ground Rods
This ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
The ground system is an essential component of any electric fence. Ground rods guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. The larger the pulse or higher the resistance of the soil (because it’s dry, sandy, or rocky), the more ground rods that are needed to collect the electrons from the soil.
- Heights: 3 ft or 18"
- Diameter: 1/2"
How to Use
- Allow 3 ft of ground rod per joule of energy output. 18" ground rods are to be used with energizers with outputs of 0.5 joules or less.
- Space 18" rods at least 27" apart
- Space 3 ft rods at least 5 ft apart
- Space 6 ft rods at least 10 ft apart
- In dry/sandy soil—use ground rods long enough to reach moist soil
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Nice for moving my portable poultry fence. Easy to push into soft ground, but I need a hammer for anything else. Still much more convenient than driving in a t-post every time.
I bough these grounding rods to use with portable electric netting fencing for my goats. I chose the T-bar style sepcifically because I'd be relocating them somewhat frequently - I live in an area where the ground is quite sandy and rocky. I had to use a mallet to drive them into the ground, which was kind of a pain, but pulling them out was pretty easy due to the T-setup!
Larry G from Iowa
So much easier when you are moving the fence every day!