Premier’s trimming stand keeps animals secure while you trim at a comfortable height.
- Perfect for grooming an animal at livestock shows
- For clipping, shearing or foot trimming polled or horned sheep and goats (chain is secured around back of the animal’s head)
- Easy-to-turn thumbscrew for quick adjustments between tall or short animals
- Fits a wide variety of animals—from Shetlands to Suffolks
- Hot-dip galvanized for years of use
- Folding carry handle prevents legs from being caught
New! Trimming Stand Kit includes platform, headpiece, ramp, side rails and wheel kit.
- Inexpensive and durable; we challenge anyone to match Premier’s combination of cost and quality.
- Having an elevated animal when foot trimming saves your body from stress or strain. Pinchers, knives and trimmers can be used with lowered risk to animal and user.
- Restless animals don’t like to stand still. A platform restraint allows a free hand when using shearing machines or hand shears.
- Fine tune your show animals appearance by focusing on fitting the animal—not holding them still.
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Lightweight design is easy to carry and store.
- SHIPS FREE via Ground Service within the contiguous USA.
Trimming Stand Kit (Item #819630)
- Includes platform, headpiece, ramp, side rails and wheel kit
Trimming Stand with Headpiece (Item #819600)
- Includes platform with adjustable headpiece, but NOT ramp, side rails or wheel kit
- Dimensions: 20"W x 48"L
- Floor when raised is 22" from the ground
- Folding carry handle prevents legs from being caught
- Trimming Headpiece:
- 1" x 1" square tube is 43"H (measured from the bottom of the headpiece)
- Thumbscrew enables users to quickly adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most sheep or goats
- Galvanized steel construction
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
Accessories listed below will fit Premier’s Milking Stand or Trimming Stand:
- Side Rails, set of 2 (Item #819613)
- Dimensions: 25"L x 21-1/2"W
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform
- Ramp (Item #819611)
- Dimensions: 48"L x 20"W
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user
- Hooks directly into the mesh floor of the stand
- Integrated folding handle is convenient for carrying and storage
- Wheel Kit (Item #819626)
- 8" diameter wheels
- Insert guides are 18-1/4" apart
- Inserts into the base of stand for easy transport
- Save strain on your back and legs when carrying the stand
- Polled Milking Headpiece with Tray (Item #819620)
- Securely hold dehorned goats at a comfortable height for milking
- Built-in feeding tray holds enough feed to distract your animals during milking
- New! Horned Milking Headpiece with Removable Tray (Item #819621)
- Opens extra wide (6" to 16") to enable the control of horned sheep and goats
- Includes a removable feed tray for easy cleaning of feed debris
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Guard Dog ToolsItem #831100 -
Battery operated cordless clipping machine for livestock and pets. Perfect for grooming all hair types including dogs, sheep, cattle and horses.$197.00
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #829000 -
Sheep shearing machine for those new to shearing or with small to medium flocks.$324.00
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #828001 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$332.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cody K from Nevada
I orered the headpiece only and I was very impressed when it arived a day earlier than it was supposed to. However, when I opened the package I was a little disapointed to find that the chain wouldn't slide into the reciever. It was a simple fix (I had to pry the reciever open with a hammer) but it was a little agrivating to have to make further adjustments to an ordered purchase. Overall I think this is a great product that does exactly what I want it to do.
I own angora and pygora goats. I never used a stand before because the angora goats were easy to hold and work with. The pygora goats have no horns and I was having trouble working with them, so decided to try a stand. I don't have the room for a traditional one and chose the portable one. The height is great, it's sturdy and easy to store. It works great with both goats. I did purchase the side rails, but not the ramp. I would recommend the side rails since the goats tend to move towards one side and I wouldn't want them to step off.
I'm a 4-Her who raises market goats and sheep, and needed a stand that would work for both. I spent a very long time looking online, and this stand is by far the cheapest.(Even with shipping.) I've had it a year, and I am still pleased with it. It's a little taller than most stands, which I love! But it is harder to put the animals on. I lose the securing pins often, but they are super easy to replace. My one and only real complaint is that the chain doesn't usually stay secure over the animal's nose. Not a huge deal, but it can be troublesome.
All that said, I totally recommend this, and would buy it again. If have found no other problems whatsoever. It hasn't rusted at all, and I live in a very damp area. It was delivered promptly, and was in excellent condition.
I have never purchased or used the ramp or rails, but sometimes consider buying just one rail for the more troublesome animals.