VersaNet® Plus 9/20/3 Electric Netting
Easy-to-use (and move!) garden and critter fence. Line posts are already built into the fence and can be inserted and removed by hand without tools. Hand tension is all that is required. 20" tall installed.
- Very close mesh spacing. Lowest energized horizontal strands are 2" apart and the verticals only 3" apart.
- It’s short. So it’s easy to install and remove. Also, most adults can easily step over it.
- Highly adaptable. Like all of Premier’s nets, they almost self-adjust to irregular shapes, curves, corners, etc.
- VersaNet® Plus has line posts every 6.8 ft. More posts means less sag and a more versatile fence.
- Two colors available:
- White & Black — Most visible. Use when aesthetics are less important.
- Green & Black — Less visible. Use where aesthetics are important and there is less likelihood of contact by uninformed human visitors.
New to electric fence? Premier’s Starter Kits may be a good choice. They include netting, extra support posts, a solar fence energizer, ground stake and a digital tester.
End posts act as built-in gates—just disconnect the power and remove an end post to make an opening.
Easier to step over and costs less per ft than 30" VersaNet Plus.
|VersaNet® Plus 9/20/3|
|Horizontal Strands||9 (8 conductive)|
|Vertical Strands||Plastic strings, spaced every 3"|
|Roll Length||50' or 100'|
|Color||White/Black or Green/Black|
|Electrical Resistance||38 Ω/per 1000'|
|Line Post Options||Single Spike (SS)|
|Line Post Material||White or Black PVC, 0.51" diameter|
|Distance Between Posts||6'8"|
|Horizontal Spacings||2", 2", 2", 2", 2", 2", 4", 4"
(from bottom to top)
Each roll comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- #202800 - $1.12 per ft (100' black/white roll with single spikes)
- #202805 - $1.54 per ft (50' black/white roll with single spikes)
- #202810 - $1.12 per ft (100' green roll with single spikes)
- #202815 - $1.54 per ft (50' green roll with single spikes)
The same “unroll and then unfold” process applies to all electrified nets. Minimal strength or skill needed (and no tools). Extra supports such as FiberTuff™ step-in posts are useful at corners, curves and ends. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Ensure the net is at least 2" away from anything metal (e.g. T-posts, existing wire fences, spikes on support posts, etc.)
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
- Does VersaNet® stop squirrels?
- A properly energized fence (3000V or more) will keep most unwanted varmints out, but we can’t promise good results with lightweight critters such as squirrels and chipmunks. Squirrels are cunning; they often jump onto the fence without making any ground contact. Without good foot-to-soil contact, they won’t receive a memorable shock. (This is also why birds can perch on power lines without being electrocuted.)
- I have more length than I need. What should I do with the excess?
- An electric fence does NOT have to make a circle. You can overlap the fences or make a U-turn.
100' of netting creates a 25' x 25' enclosure. Add additional rolls if you need to protect a larger area. At each end of the net is a built-in, stainless-steel male/female clip. Slide these clips together to make a connection.
Visit this link for answers to other common fence questions.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to reduce green vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause posts to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
If possible, separate the fence into sections. Then progressively reconnect, checking voltage as you go. When the voltage drops, you’ve identified the section with the problem. Listen for snapping sounds. This occurs when a conductor is close to a grounded wire, metal objects, fallen branches, or other green vegetation causing a “short”. Shorts cause fence voltage to collapse and allow animals to touch the fence without feeling pain.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
2023 New ProductsItem #113610 -
Solar powered 0.8 output joule energizer for electric fences. Used to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$294.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200008 -
Repair electric net fences simply, quickly and securely. No tools required! For electric netting and other 3mm conductors.$9.50
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for ElectroNet (Standard, Plus & Pro), HogNet, PigletNet Plus, RaccoonNet & VersaNet PlusItem #201700 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200700 -
Replaces lost or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.51" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.16
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clips fits to the spikes on standard electrified netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand in place and tensioned.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brandi R from California
Love the small holes, tightly spaced uprights. Great fence. Have used Premier products for 20 years and they are the best.
Helen U from Arizona
The instructions were clear and easy to follow. I was able to set up my fence in short order! I am using this as a barrier to keep the javelina, rabbits and squirrels out of my garden! I don't mind sharing, but these critters eat every thing. The fence looks great and my garden area looks neat and tidy.
Hollie K from Pennsylvania
This fence was so easy to install. In a few minutes, I had the posts in place and my hubby was hooking up the electricity. My five-year-old got her first jolt when she placed a metal baseball bat on the fence, and she's still daring enough to go near it! I noticed today that my zucchini plants are finally growing now that the deer aren't cropping my leaves! Thank you for a wonderful, easy to install product!