Z Tag Applicator
- Superior retention
- Easy application
- No buttons required
- Comes with a spare applicator pin, which is in the bottom handle of the tagger
- Durable glass-filled nylon construction
- Locks closed for easy fit into pockets
- Special pin system uses no knives or blades and prevents pin contact with ear
How-to: Insert Ear Tags in Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing, plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff). Forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
How to Use
- Flip applicator pin up to tag loading position.
- Insert pin into tag.
- Straighten self piercing tip and push down onto pin. Make sure tag is fully seated on the pin before tagging.
- Rotate tag to the side. Flip the applicator pin down into tagging position.
- Tag through the front of the ear only. To apply tag, squeeze handles firmly together and hold closed.
- To remove applicator, pull the Z Tags applicator straight down and away from the ear on one single motion. Do not release the applicator handles at any point during step.
- When the Z Tags applicator is pulled away from the ear, the pin automatically flips up to eliminate ripped ears and damage to the pin.
Instructions also included with packaging. There is a spare pin located in the bottom of the handle. Use a light lubricant on the applicator and pin to increase workability and guarantee long life. When writing your own numbers with the Z Tags marking pen, be sure to apply two good coats of ink to allow maximum penetration into the tag panel. This process will guarantee longer lasting numbers.
Tag has a sharp point, please exercise caution.
For animals with soft ears: young calves; it is important to grasp the tip of the ear with a free hand and hold the ear taut to add support and ensure complete penetration of the tag tip through the ear.
Does not insert two piece tags.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mary J from Texas
Nice tagger for the money. Easy to use and replace pins.
Jessica H from Wyoming
Nice tagger that is tough and easy to replace parts on. Locks closed and is easy to tie on to your saddle or put in a pocket for carrying.
Jessica H from Wyoming
Great tagger that locks in place, has easy replaceable parts and fits in a large pocket for carrying and tagging.