NoShock™ Hen Pen
Best when it's monitored. Allows you to move your flock to fresh grass quickly and easily. Features a built-in step-through gate.
Because this fence cannot be electrified (it will not stop predators), we recommend that you move your birds to a safe, secure location at night.
- Supplied in 39 and 68 ft rolls.
- Height: 48" (4 ft) tall installed.
- Black nylon mesh.
- Lower 16" of netting has small 1.75" spacings to reduce the likelihood of chicks escaping the paddock. Upper 32" of netting has larger 4" spacings.
- Fiberglass posts (1/2" dia.) are exceptionally stiff and feature offset double spikes: 4.5" and 3". Posts are not pre-installed.
- Step-through gate hardware is included.
Why do we suggest to electrify netting elsewhere but offer non-electric here? Because some folks watch their birds carefully during the day and move them inside at night (far less predator pressure). They can successfully use a fence that is non-electrified. Also, some municipalities do not allow electric fence in backyards
Poultry Net Fences Compared
|Can be electrified?||✘||✔||✔|
|Effective for chicks?||✔||✘||✔|
|Time to install/remove?||30 min||10 min||10 min|
FREE shipping on qualified orders over $100!
To InstallNote: Assembling the Hen Pen is more time consuming (and cumbersome!) than our electrified nets because the line posts are not already built into the mesh. This allows you more flexibility for spacing the posts, but it also means more work.
- Before installing line posts, stretch the net out in an open area. For best results, ensure posts are woven through the mesh using the same vertical columns.
- The white post caps come detached to allow you to easily weave the line posts into the net without snagging. If desired, an acrylic adhesive can be used to permanently secure them to the post.
- Many find building a circular pen easier than creating a square or rectangular space. Why? Because measured post spacings are not as critical. To begin, secure the first and last post together. Then create a small circular enclosure with the remaining posts. Progressively expand the circular area outward to add tension. For more support when using a circular enclosure, position the posts so the double-spike faces inward.
- When moving the pen, or for storage, walk along the fence, removing the posts from the soil and holding them in your hand in a tidy bundle. This allows the loose netting to fold together into pleats. After all posts have been collected, lay the netting onto the ground and roll up the folds towards the bundle of posts. (This “fold and then roll” process is very similar to our electrifiable nets.)
Consult the assembly instructions (linked above) for additional information.
We offer many fences to fit your situation, including different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Questions? Call our fence consultants at
Poultry SuppliesItem #209035 -
These are replacement parts ONLY for the NoShock Hen Pen.$2.58