Spitfire Shearing Cutter
How to Use
- Slide the cutter on top of the comb producing the cutting action.
- Combs set the depth and speed at which fiber is removed (more teeth = slower speed, thinner combs = less fiber remaining).
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Christine J from North Carolina
I ordered 3 cutters because they’ve always proved to preform well. I shear sheep, alpacas and llamas with them. I realized my old ones weren’t holding there edge. Then it dawned on me how long I’ve been using them, years! Time for new ones for sure. They worked like a charm.
Patricia C from Florida
Sent blades in for sharpening and bought another set. Response to both were fast and quality. The staff has always been a great help.
Carl B from Pennsylvania
Excellent product! Worked very good. A+
Boyd B from Utah
I would recommend this product paired with the Phantom R cutting comb. These products have proven themselves to hold their edge longer and to perform better than any others that we have tried. We brand a lot of cattle that need to be clipped and these products have never let us down.
Sylvia M from Washington
Used to cut llama and alpaca coats — holds its edge pretty well despite the dirt in the coats. Used with a camellid comb, which keeps about an inch on the body, which I like.