ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Pruner for flowers and shrubs.
- Japanese steel blades are 1 3/4" long.
- The sturdy plastic handle measures 3.5" in length.
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer.
- Secure locking system.
- Rounded blade tips.
The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves with risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Julie L from Colorado
These trimmers are wonderful. They are so sharp and just the right size for my hand. It took less than half the time to trim with these. I wish I had purchased them long ago!
Pamela S from Maine
Very good quality trimmer. Only used it once so far but snipped quick and clean.
Scott O from Illinois
These hoof trimmers are amazingly sharp. They cut my alpacas hooves like a hot knife through butter. I wish I had purchased these a long time ago.
Betty M from Pennsylvania
Just used these on 2 goats last night. They cut through their hooves like butter! Certainly will make my job much easier.
Colleen M from Oregon
For years I rotated 2-3 pairs at a time of the small orange handled type of trimmers, keeping my sharpening stone and oil handy so they'd be functional when needed.
THEN, Premier offered the Serrated ARS trimmers...which I love using on bucks, does, rams, ewes in my 100+ herd/flock.
My only problem is keeping from losing them since they're so handy I tend to take them a bit too far afield. This time (3rd pair!!), I'm going to try attaching a 'square' as insurance. Great trimmers. The best I've ever used in 30 yrs of hoof trimming.
The serrated blade style makes all the difference in efficient trimming year 'round...no matter how hard or thick the hooves are.