Premier 4000c Clipping Machine
- Slick shearing show sheep
- Clipping meat and dairy goats
- Shaving or peeling beef & dairy cattle
- Clipping llamas and alpacas
- Clipping horses
- Clipping show pigs
- Clipping ranch dogs
- They've also been used to cut imitation turf
Use with our large blade sets.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20° F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob.
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades.
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose.
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier.
- Includes 2 screws for attaching to motor.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
- Only 3 minutes to change a clipper head to shear head.
- Will drive Premier and Lister® clipper blades.
- Rarely slows down under load.
- Plows through fiber. Drives shear head with equal power.
- Motor is smaller in size, lighter in weight and shorter in length than any other large clipper.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ronda S from Tennessee
This was a great product to use. I purchased the course blades and had no issue during my use. I oiled as the instructions recommended and had no over heating in the blades and they cut wonderfully. The smaller grip was great for a womens hand. The lighter weight was also a plus. I would recommend for anyone. My only issue was the blades dulled quickly, but that is on me not the product. I pulled my livestock out of the pasture and clipped, so the animals hair was dirty. Owners manual warned that that would happen. I couldn't have been happier with the product and the clean up was so easy.
Elizabeth H from Georgia
The Horse Journal recommended these clippers, so I thought I would try them. LOVE THEM! After using the Heavy Oster clippers, I could not believe what I had been missing. The shipping was very fast too. Wonderful clippers and a great warranty. Body clipping my horse was so much easier with these clippers!
Darcy M from Michigan
We just purchasd the Premier 4000C clippers for our children who are beginning to show 4H and open shows. They are so easy for the kids to handle since they are lightweight and stay cool while running. Our daughter is able to slick shear her show lambs all by herself, which is less work for mom & dad. We absolutely love these clippers!!!
Ksenia G from Texas
My 10 year old who runs our Nigerian Dwarf show/dairy breeding business here at Flying G Farm was so excited to receive the clippers. We researched them and expected them to be the best. We bought them after borrowing my sister's clippers, which broke before the first goat was finished. I was glad to hear from Sara at Premier that the Premier clippers did not require a blade wash or oil bath. I was surprised how well our 2 does did with the clipping process, and it seemed hard to nick them. The large clippers were a little unwieldy on the head area, and around the lower legs, but perhaps a good grooming table to properly restrain the animals will help for this. It was so fun to clip, that I am sure we will be clipping all the other goats just for fun. Besides, it keeps them cool in the heat and prevents lice, and we will each get to have our turn with the clipper. The clippers were no problem to oil and use, except we might like the premier oil bottle to have a narrow tip to fit the oil hole. We had to use W D 40 with the red straw attached to oil the gears. The on off switch shuts off by itself sometimes, but it is important to have the switch handy, as it is better for the blades if the clipper is off. I think we will use earplugs with the clippers, but might check w/ customer service and make sure everything sounds all right, and that I have the tension adjusted right.
Virginia M from Tennessee
We've always had someone shear our 19 Llamas but this year our shearer was sick. After talking with others about what they recommended, the Premier 4000C Clippers were mentioned several times. We purchased these clippers and they have met my needs perfectly. They are much lighter in weight than other clippers and the blades are very easy to change out. I guess you'd call them "user friendly" clippers. The online instructional video was also very helpful. I would highly recommend this product!