7X Ear Tags
Large readable cattle tags. Differ from many US cattle tags because the male is not a button. The tag is a double-panel so it is readable front or back. Tamper-evident.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order: See Customization information below. When ordering blank tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
Scrapie approved in all colors except blue.
- 2-1/8" x 2-1/2" (male) and 2-1/8" x 3" (female)
- 20 per package.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, Salmon, White, Orange, Green, Blue and Red.
- Can be custom imprinted: 1) Consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. 2) Up to 3 lines of 15 characters per male/female side.
- Can also handwrite on them with Marking Pens.
- Scrapie Approved.
Follow the steps above to customize your tags online. (Note: While we now show a preview of your customized tags, please be aware that final imprinting may vary.)
Need a different customization option? You can provide special instructions during checkout. Or call us at 800-282-6631 to place your order.
How to Use
Use the X Tag applicator to install the tags:
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. NOTE: Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joshua V from Minnesota
Amazing tags, but wish the 7X tags would come in pink for the girls.
Judy H from Kansas
Exactly as ordered, extremely fast shipping!
Tori B from Wisconsin
Special order tags came quickly and just as I had wanted them to look. Would just love to be able to purchase pink tags also in the large cattle size.
Tom E from North Carolina
Very good service!
Jason B from Texas
Ear tags were exactly as I hoped for. They had my brand just like I submitted it.