ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Caroline W from New York
We found the serrated trimmer to be excellent, better than non-serrated trimmers we have used in the past.
Karen G from Pennsylvania
These are the best foot trimmers we have ever found. I have tried a lot of different brands, and these are by far the best! They are sharp, hold that sharpness a long time, and are easier to use, saving my hands. They are worth every penny we paid for them.
Shonah H from Pennsylvania
Great hoof trimmers. Bought them as a backup to my other ARS clippers. Very durable for tough goat hooves.
Peter J from Indiana
Will S from Tennessee
Trimmers worked great! Was easy to handle and clean. We found it helpful to have a stiff brush and inexpensive hoof pick on hand, too.