ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- The ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips for cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Blades: 1-3/4"L, Handles: 3.5"L (approximate size)
- Sturdy plastic handle
- Smaller than our Premier's Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Japanese steel and rounded blade tips
- The ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Valaria K from Florida
Very easy to use. I'm a lefty, and have small hands and these trimmers were not hard to manage in the least. They did not open too wide, nor were they difficult to manipulate. Highly recommended!
Jason C from Washington
Very good quality foot trimmer. Sooo much better than our locally supplied trimmers. Very sharp and easy to handle. No problem maneuvering around hoofs. I use only for younger sheep with softer hooves. Older sheep need a serrated trimmer.
Patricia N from New Jersey
It was much easier to cut tough hoof.
Deborah D from Michigan
The key with goats is get it done; fast. Trimmed those feet quickly with no trauma and no drama.
Rhea F from Tennessee
Sharp, clean cuts and easy for small hands.