ARS Hoof Trimming Shears
- The longer blades of the ARS Hoof Trimming Shears (vs. the ARS 140DXR) reduce the amount of cutting needed.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth and high-carbon steel blades slice through livestock hooves easily.
- Soft, PVC-coated handles add comfort and reduce hand fatigue.
- Marquench-hardened blades provide the optimal combination of strength and sharpness.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves easier without risk of injury to you or the animal.
- Suitable for pruning—long straight blade is perfect for thin stems, leaves and grasses.
- Blades: 2.25"L, Handles: 3.75"L (approximate size)
- Model: 140LDX
- Japanese high-carbon steel construction
- Non-slip PVC handle with steel core
- Hook latch on handle for safety and storage
ARS Hoof Trimmers and Shears—Quick Comparison
|Latch mechanism||Thumb||Handle hook|
Length—How to choose?The shape and length of the handles help determine the hand strength required to squeeze the trimmer. Maximum leverage isn’t always desired; many shepherds prefer comfortable trimmers that fit their hands for all day use.
- Longer blades may reduce the # of overall cuts needed; blades longer than 2" can clear most hooves with one cut
- Shorter blades are better for precision work
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Elizabeth S from Texas
These shears seem well made and work well.
Juanita B from Kansas
After buying many pairs of trimming shears from the local farm store I decided to finally buy these. They were everything I hoped for. Cut down my time in the barn trimming goat hoofs by 1/2. Sharp, lightweight, and gets the job done. Premier’s shipping is fast also.
Kevin R from Missouri
I had been wasting my money on cheap shears before. I didn’t realize what good shears were until I got these.
Deborah L from Missouri
These work great!
Dan B from Virginia
My wife and I are in our mid sixties so when we tip a ewe to trim her feet I need shears that work fast and efficient and these ARS shears do the job.
They fit nicely in your hand, they are long enough, sharp enough and have a good angle to get a nice even cut with out messing around.