Borotto® Lumia 16 Egg Incubator
New! Professional incubator performance in a small machine. This 16 chicken egg capacity incubator automatically monitors and adjusts heat and turns the eggs for you! Remove eggs from the turning cradles to use the unit as a hatcher.
The Borotto® Lumia 16 Incubator with Humidity Pump (Item #540255 below) draws water from an external source, such as a 2 liter bottle, to maintain proper humidity.
Plastic surfaces feature an antimicrobial additive, preventing harmful bacterial growth during operation to protect your hatch.
Successfully hatch eggs from: Chickens, pheasants, guinea fowl, quail, partridges and ducks. Eggs from some species of goose, turkey and peafowl may also be used. Very large eggs will NOT fit in the turner.
- Dimensions: 15.4"L x 13.4"W x 8.66"H
- Unit offered by Premier is 110V for USA-style electrical outlets
- Digital temperature display—set from 86°F to 104°F
- 40 watt avg, 60 watt max consumption
- Motor turns eggs once every hour
- Durable, heat-resistant antimicrobial plastic housing
- Made in Italy
Approximate capacities (with standard egg tray):
- Chicken: 16
- Duck: 16
- Quail: 64
- Pheasant: 16
- Universal egg tray system securely holds all egg types vertically (quail through duck) for better hatch rates
- Monitor the hatching process through two transparent windows
- External water source (when using the humidity pump) prevents temperature and humidity changes during refills
- Insulated ventilation for better air movement and temperature/humidity control
- BIOMASTER® antimicrobial plastic additive prevents harmful growth of bacteria
- Automatic egg turning system turns eggs left to right; each cycle lasts an hour
- If using humidity pump, simply refill an external container with clean water and the machine does the rest!
Always choose eggs suitable for incubation. If possible, choose eggs that have not traveled by mail. Why? Because eggs that are closed inside packaging do not breathe and may have experienced excessive travel stress, vibration, and temperature changes.
Do not incubate eggs dirty with fecal material, as during incubation the temperature and humidity will lead to the establishment of bacterial flora. This can contaminate all the eggs, causing infections to the embryos and resulting in premature death during hatching.
Choose eggs of normal shape (they must not be elongated, spherical, undulated or with any other malformation).
Borotto® incubators are designed for the simple incubation of most poultry eggs. Very large eggs will NOT fit in the turner. Temperature and humidity calibration is performed at the factory and is not user-adjustable. Please read the specifications of the incubator to make sure it will work for your situation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Edgar W from Texas
Easy to set up. I had it up and running and got some eggs in right after the settling period, it has been keeping a solid 99.7 since I started, the humidity has fluctuated some but the auto pump has been great at adding water when the humidity dropped. Best part is I just have to check on it once in awhile and it just hums along. It’s the best incubator I have used so far.
Brent N from Indiana
This is my first incubator and I did a lot of research before I ended up on this one. I am incubating chicken and goose eggs. The universal rack system it comes with is well designed and works well for the mix of eggs. The first thing you notice is that the build quality is exceptional. I can see why Premier 1 picked this as the incubator they intended to sell. Top notch for the price point.
Rebekah B from Tennessee
This has been a nice little incubator. I love the fact that you can watch the little ones hatch and see everything. The turner works beautifully and it holds a constant temperature.
The one I received is 2 degrees lower than what the digital readout says verified by 2 other thermometers placed in the incubator. So make sure you test it before adding eggs for hatching.