- Comes in either yellow or brown.
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox.
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning.
- Roll Out Tray described below.
- Box—H=15.25", W=12.5", D=12"
- Perch—W=12", L=9.25"
- Roll Out Tray—L=17.5", W=12.5", Flap—W=11", L=5.25"
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jaime W from Pennsylvania
Easy to put together and set up. For some reason we can't get our chickens to lay in them. We have 18 girls. We get an avg of 2 eggs a day in them. They are laying elsewhere. They are very nice but too small for some chickens.
Karen W from Tennessee
These are easy to assemble and install and they look great.
Lisa m from Minnesota
It was fast shipping and I love my product.
Rob S from California
I wish I could give a higher rating as I love the concept of these egg boxes but look and ingenuity are somewhat irrelevant if the chickens don't use them. I purchased four and installed them in my coop and over a 10 week period we've had one egg total laid in a box from four chickens. I tried fake eggs, different bedding, different stumps nearby to make access easier, nothing's worked. It's a shame as I'd love to get more with the new flock of birds nearing the laying age for use as outside nest boxes but I'm wary of doing so. I note a number of others have had apparently had success.
Sonny O from sonny from New Mexico
i have been using these nesting boxes for a couple of days now and their are working perfect, nothing has broke and my chickens love them! I'm going to be ordering more because i want them for my second coop.