- Colors available: yellow or brown
- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sonny O from New Mexico
i have been using these nesting boxes for a couple of days now and their are working perfect, nothing has broke and my chickens love them! I'm going to be ordering more because i want them for my second coop.
Kris S from Texas
Can't say I recommend these. I have 2 of these and ended up having to take them down after both of the flimsy perches got broken by my chickens jumping up on them. I came in to find the spring loaded locking mechanism had broken on one of them and the egg tray and perch was laying on the ground. My chickens seem to much prefer the Kuhl nesting boxes that I had been using. I bought 2 of these to test them and if they worked out I was going to buy another 10. However, I won't be making the purchase because they just aren't good value for money, in my opinion.
Charles M from Pennsylvania
Very easy to attach to hang on wall. Easy to clean, and the chickens jumped right in and are laying. If they're happy, so am I.
Michael C from Montana
These box's are easy to assemble and hang. They are durable and cleaning is a breeze!! My hens love them, as I do!!!!
Johnny S from Idaho
I only have 5 hens right now and they made their own nest under a board in the corner of the hutch. Could not get them to use the "ChickBox" until today. Had to block off their home built nest! I will buy some more later.