Innovative injection molded chicken nest box is draft free, but ventilated to keep the hens warm in winter and cool in summer.
Note: We no longer sell the yellow Chickbox shown in photos at right.
- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Use ceramic nest eggs to encourage hens to lay in a specific area.
Wooden nest eggs discourages egg eating.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Ceramic Nest EggItem #530136 -
Encourages hens to lay eggs in their nesting boxes rather than elsewhere on the farm.$1.30
Wooden Nest EggItem #530137 -
Attractive nest egg that discourages egg eating. Won't break when dropped like ceramic eggs.$1.41
Egg Handling Supplies
Chicken Ceramic Nest Egg, 2-1/4"Item #530138 -
Encourages chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the preferred nesting areas.$1.30
2023 New Products
FlockLeader™ Healthy Coop™, 12 lbsItem #540335 -
Litter additive to reduce odor and wetness that can cause harmful bacteria and mold in and around the coop.$34.00
2023 New Products
Replacement Nest Pad (11.75"L x 11.75"W)Item #5404120 -
Easy-to-clean nesting pads for chicken laying boxes. Plastic nest box pads are washable and deliver cleaner, less contaminated poultry eggs.$6.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lynn G from South Carolina
Good size for my Wyandottes, as long as you do not use the roll out tray. The tray takes up too much room. Perches are a bit awkward, but useable. Good if you do not have the skills to build your own.
Chris S from Idaho
Well made! Easy to put together. I like the clear plastic on the egg basket. Only one problem; the reason I purchased this is broody hens wanting eggs to sit on and one egg eater. I have observed the hens easily putting their head in the egg basket and pulling the eggs back into the nesting area. I am so disappointed, as I thought this would work. So depending on why you are purchasing, it is a good a nice nesting box, just not solving my problem.
Bonita S from Maryland
I like the nest boxes. My hens not so much. They are laying in their old boxes still, but few are using the new boxes. Some are making a nest on the floor to lay their eggs. I got this nesting box because one is eating her eggs. So I hope all will eventually use it.
Suzanne J from Missouri
Worked perfectly. Snapped in snuggly.
Sherry E from Indiana
I was really surprised when I went looking to see if I could get replacement perches for my boxes. Glad you had them. The boxes are still in good shape, just my girls are so fat they wore the perch out. Thank you again for having them.