- Colors available: yellow or brown
- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Charles M from Pennsylvania
Very easy to attach to hang on wall. Easy to clean, and the chickens jumped right in and are laying. If they're happy, so am I.
Michael C from Montana
These box's are easy to assemble and hang. They are durable and cleaning is a breeze!! My hens love them, as I do!!!!
Johnny S from Idaho
I only have 5 hens right now and they made their own nest under a board in the corner of the hutch. Could not get them to use the "ChickBox" until today. Had to block off their home built nest! I will buy some more later.
Don E from New York
I had tried 2 homemade nest box design concepts (1-plywood & 1-bucket) before deciding to buy these. Wish I would have gotten them from day 1!
The nest boxes seem to be very durable and are very easy to clean. I was surprised at how think the plastic is.
The egg trays are what really make the product great. The slope is just right and the little trays allow me to not be worried about checking for eggs so often during the day. The tray has fold up flaps that catch on the removable front ledge to ensure that the tray doesn't slide out.
I find that the eggs remain cleaner and are less likely to get cracked, pecked or broken.
If you have an egg eater in your flock these wont guarantee it will never happen again but the chances are greatly reduced.
Although they are expensive I would say that they are definitely worth the cost. You won't be disappointed.
Michael J from Minnesota
We now have six boxes - they work great - easy to clean, easy to close, clean eggs, durable - will get more should there be a need -