- Colors available: yellow or brown
- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cynthia from Washington
My girls got in the boxes right away. They knew what to do. Glad I got them.
Janice V from Tennessee
These are fantastic!!! I had a hen who had started eating the eggs. I've used these for a week, and no eggs eaten! Although I do have one holdout who is bound and determined to lay her egg on the floor underneath these new nests. But 1 out of 11 isn't bad. Eggs stay clean, and WHOLE! :-) For me, this was easy to switch out, changing from milk crates. Needed no extra space. If you plan to have hens for a long time, definitely a good investment.
Lisa C from Oregon
These trays work fabulous! Easy and fun project making brackets to retrofit them in our existing nesting boxes (it did however take more than a 4 degree slope). No big deal though, fixed that in a jiffy! It's my fault we had to purchase three of these fabulous trays. Klutzy me, dropped an egg at my feet and my sweet chickens turned into ravenous carnivores. We have not had a pecked or broken egg since we installed these trays in our nesting boxes..I fold 2 paper towels up in a 4" strip and lay in the end and bottom of each of the catch areas, Works perfect! Go ahead a make your purchase you will not be disappointed. They are made with sturdy, quality material. They will make their money back in no time. Eggs stay super clean as well!. You will not regret your purchase! Have a great day and enjoy those chickens!!
The day we placed our order, I started removing bedding out of nesting boxes. By day four the was hardly any bedding in the boxes. I set the very small amount of bedding aside. . Installed trays. After install I put that "very, very small" amount of bedding in the high end of the trays. The chickens were use to almost no bedding. the next day I removed it all... They had no problem with the transition.. There is nothing in the trays to hamper the egg from rolling into its proper place. I hope that helps . Have a great day !!! ;0)
Dusty S from Illinois
Ordered 2 and love them! Getting ready to order more.
Jaime W from Pennsylvania
Easy to put together and set up. For some reason we can't get our chickens to lay in them. We have 18 girls. We get an avg of 2 eggs a day in them. They are laying elsewhere. They are very nice but too small for some chickens.