Innovative injection molded chicken nest box is draft free, but ventilated to keep the hens warm in winter and cool in summer.
Note: We no longer sell the yellow Chickbox shown in photos at right.
- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Use ceramic nest eggs to encourage hens to lay in a specific area.
Wooden nest eggs discourages egg eating.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Ceramic Nest EggItem #530136 -
Encourages hens to lay eggs in their nesting boxes rather than elsewhere on the farm.$1.30
Wooden Nest EggItem #530137 -
Attractive nest egg that discourages egg eating. Won't break when dropped like ceramic eggs.$1.41
Egg Handling Supplies
Chicken Ceramic Nest Egg, 2-1/4"Item #530138 -
Encourages chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the preferred nesting areas.$1.30
2023 New Products
FlockLeader™ Healthy Coop™, 12 lbsItem #540335 -
Litter additive to reduce odor and wetness that can cause harmful bacteria and mold in and around the coop.$34.00
2023 New Products
Replacement Nest Pad (11.75"L x 11.75"W)Item #5404120 -
Easy-to-clean nesting pads for chicken laying boxes. Plastic nest box pads are washable and deliver cleaner, less contaminated poultry eggs.$6.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
claudia m from Vermont
My hen started eating their own eggs and the new chix box has stopped this from happening most of the time. The hens are still transitioning and still need a little straw in the box which prevents the egg from rolling out. Every day I remove more of the straw and I'm sure the egg eating will come to a complete stop soon. I will order another box when I need it. Thanks for such a great product.
Laura B from California
I cannot recall ever being as excited about a product as I have been about this. Nothing stopped my Rhode Island Red from eating her eggs and we didn't want to eat her. This stopped the egg eating and breakage. The box is super easy to install, and I haven't had to mount it to the wall, it works just as well sitting on the ground. After about a week, she started laying in it every day. Even when the egg doesn't roll into the tray, she won't peck at and break it. We are thrilled to have an egg a day from her, and know that this nesting box will last a very long time. Super easy to use, durable, and very well built. I will purchase more as needed!!