Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
Feed the flock indoors or out with this rodent and songbird resistant feeder. Clever, foot-activated door quickly opens when a bird approaches the feeding trough and closes again when not in use.
Reduce waste and spoilage while ensuring only your birds are able to access the feed.
While Supplies Last. All sales are final, no returns.
- Stop rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
- Feeds up to: 2 hens at once
- Feed capacity: 17.5 lb (8 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.75"L, 9"W, 18"H
- Adjustable Treadle: Min: 0.75 lb, Max: 3 lb
- Weight: 13 lb
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
This nest box provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$53.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sharon B from Oregon
I would recommend this feeder for ducks only, not for chickens. Our ducks figured it out right away. In wet weather, the ducks sometimes get the feed in the trough wet and then it gets clogged up. The feed in the hopper stays nice and dry, and it does stop the sparrows from eating all the feed. But our first set of chickens took over 6 months to learn how to use it, despite watching the ducks use it daily. They didn't like stepping on a moving platform. So we had to set up a hanging bucket feeder for them, where they peck at the cork, and they got that right away. Our new set of chickens are also not learning how to use this feeder, so after a month we just had to give up and give them the bucket feeder, which the sparrows can also figure out how to use (they fly up and hit the cork.)
William F from Texas
Best outdoor feeder on the market! Keeps feed dry. Have bought others more expensive and they do NOT keep feed dry.
Megan P from Louisiana
The feeder arrived quickly and was easy to set up. Unfortunately, it was not practical for our setup. The feeder requires that the ground be perfectly level. Any amount of debris under the platform prevents it from opening. Additionally, it was hard to train the chickens because you cannot see the food unless you are already on the platform even if the feeder is open. Lastly, only one chicken can eat at a time which leads to fighting. Overall, I would not recommend because it is impractical.
Chrystal R from Mississippi
Stephanie G from Arizona
I bought this feeder because I've had one already for several years. It works great it took about two minutes for the chickens to figure it out and no little rodent pests can get in and eat the grain.