Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
Feed the flock indoors or out with this rodent and songbird resistant feeder. Clever, foot-activated door quickly opens when a bird approaches the feeding trough and closes again when not in use.
Reduce waste and spoilage while ensuring only your birds are able to access the feed.
- Stop rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
- Feeds up to: 2 hens at once
- Feed capacity: 17.5 lb (8 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.75"L, 9"W, 18"H
- Adjustable Treadle: Min: 0.75 lb, Max: 3 lb
- Weight: 13 lb
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
This nest box provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$51.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sherry C from Georgia
Not only does this product make the job of refilling chicken feed less of a chore, but it is valuable for keeping rodents down as they can't access it. It is easy to assemble and I have one that has lasted already for a couple years out in the run. The chickens had no problem figuring out how to use it. I highly recommend this automatic feeder!
Emi L from Oregon
The nuts provided aren't nylock and it comes a part after the birds have used it for a bit- I replaced them. Chickens caught on pretty quick but like to dig food out and leave on ground for mice :( not sure this is a product flaw-more of a chicken flaw.
Zeke G from Oregon
This feeder really holds a lot of feed! I must have bought the smaller one last time. it is well made, simple, and it works. My young chickens have picked up how to feed from it relatively easily. the older ones have never really figured it out. the only negative would be that the food is so far down and in a very narrow slot that i usually have to "prime" the bin by mounding some food up for them to see. Then its a feeding frenzy!
Catherine O from Virginia
I have the 17.5 pound capacity feeder for medium-sized ducks. My ducks will not take to it. I've tried propping it open, leaving a few pellets in a bowl nearby, etc--nothing. The trough seems like a really small, tight space for a duck to get into. I had high hopes for this type of feeder, but I will probably send it back. The Wise feeder and silo is working well in a different duck enclosure--I'll probably get more of them.
I gave it 2 stars because it seems sturdy and well built.
Terence W from Georgia
It only took 2 or 3 days for my ducks to figure it out. Good design and high quality, but I'm having problems with the feed getting wet and clogging up. I'm going to switch from crumbles to pellets and put a cover over it to see if that helps. Inside, this feeder would be great. Outside in the rain may have to do a little extra to make sure it works correctly.