Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
Feed the flock indoors or out with this rodent and songbird resistant feeder. Clever, foot-activated door quickly opens when a bird approaches the feeding trough and closes again when not in use.
Reduce waste and spoilage while ensuring only your birds are able to access the feed.
While Supplies Last. All sales are final, no returns.
- Helps prevent rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
- Feeds up to: 2 hens at once
- Feed capacity: 17.5 lb (8 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.75"L, 9"W, 18"H
- Adjustable Treadle: Min: 0.75 lb, Max: 3 lb
- Weight: 13 lb
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
Provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$53.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kate P from Connecticut
I wanted to love this feeder but my chickens aren't into it. I tried it as a sole feeder for a few weeks, using a rock on the weight platform so they'd understand where the feed comes from, but I ended with up a few birds who would use it and a bunch of hungry chickens following me for food. Now I use it with another feeder and this one is always full. Shavings get under the weight platform so it stops going down; the back bar keeps sliding out. My chickens just aren't using it is the long and short of it. I'm about to replace it with a couple regular plastic feeders.
Jeanna C from Oregon
Although I do love the fact that the door closes when no chickens are eating - the divider that creates sections for the chickens to feed, is made out of plastic and is already receiving considerable damage. Also it doesn’t fill into the feeding area well. It’s ok for smaller birds, but not the tall ones.
Annette H from New York
The quality of the product material is fine but the design is not chicken friendly. The food is so far back and under that my flock is resisting. Some of my smaller LF hens are using it but the big ones and the lower ranking ones aren’t. I also own a grandpas feeder which the same flock uses in another building - free range. They are trekking across the snow and ice to get to Grandpas. I was hoping to use both but not if they refuse. Debating sending it back or selling it as used. Disappointed.
Russel G from Wisconsin
I've needed a feeder that is rat proof and I am hoping that this is the one. I have only been using it for a few weeks and have not determined if it is keeping them out. The lid is plastic which I know the rats can chew through in short order but I'm hoping they do not figure that out. The packaging for shipping could be somewhat better... it arrived with some slight bends, however I was still able to get it put together and working in no time.
Diane E from Washington
I haven't been able to use it yet to rate it. I put it together correctly but it will open OK then it gets stuck open and doesn't close.