Feed-O-Matic Poultry Feeder
Feed the flock indoors or out with this rodent and songbird resistant feeder. Clever, foot-activated door quickly opens when a bird approaches the feeding trough and closes again when not in use.
Reduce waste and spoilage while ensuring only your birds are able to access the feed.
- Stop rats, mice, wild birds and other small pests from eating your poultry feed.
- Feed stays dry and protected in most weather conditions.
- Innovative trough design reduces wasted feed. Birds can’t reach in and scratch out feed.
- Heavy-duty plastic footplate allows droppings and litter to fall through.
- Weight adjustable treadle assures trough access for both lightweight and heavy breeds.
- Quiet operation.
- Feeds up to: 2 hens at once
- Feed capacity: 17.5 lb (8 kg)
- Dimensions: 10.75"L, 9"W, 18"H
- Adjustable Treadle: Min: 0.75 lb, Max: 3 lb
- Weight: 13 lb
How to Use
Requires assembly by attaching the front step and lid to feeder body. All required hardware included.
- Chickens need to be trained to feeders. Select a trainee and place them on the roost to activate the door. They will see the feed and recognize that this is the place to be fed.
- Allow room under roosts. As manure and bedding accumulates, doors will not be able to open fully. Either hang the feeder or periodically clear bedding and manure. Partially open doors have the potential to scrape the combs of large combed birds.
- Because the feed lands far back in the feeder, we do not recommend its use with waterfowl.
- Use coarsely ground feeds for optimal feed flow in humid conditions (the same with all high capacity feeders). High concentrations of fines (powder) in feed bind easily when moisture is present (stopping feed flow).
Periodically remove accumulated build-up from underneath the footplate to allow proper operation.
Nesting BoxesItem #540410 -
This nest box provides a secure and private area for hens to lay their eggs. An adjustable roll-out tray prevents hens from overly soiling or eating their eggs.$51.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ted K from Virginia
My rat waste is gone. Rats were killing me by eating my organic chicken feed.
Bernardo L from Michigan
At this point after 2 weeks it seems to be doing what it was advertised to do. The chickens took a day to figure it out and we've had wind and rain and the feed remains dry. If it continues to perform as it has in the first couple weeks, then I would recommend this unit.
Stephanie W from Colorado
I raise a large number of free range birds and have been searching for a feeder that will safely supply them without feeding all the starlings! I LOVE this feeder! I purchased 2 to start with and plan on purchasing more!
Rebekah B from Tennessee
This feeder works GREAT!!! My chickens, ducks and geese have all figured out how to use it. The larger ones holds almost a whole bag of feed (50 pounds). Great for those rare occasions when I have to leave my babies for longer than a work day. It also ensures that even the lowest on the pecking order will have food, unlike a regular feeder.