Ground Rod and/or Connecting Pin, 3 ft
- 3 ft
- 1/2" diameter
- Has a head on one end
How to Use
Use ground rods for:
- Energizers—allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released (use 3 ft rods for smaller energizers and lightning diverters. Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach insulated wire, make a elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the stainless steel ground rod clamp around it. Tighten.
Use connecting pins for:
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Sister M from NH
Heavy duty and easy to use
Nancy C from Michigan
Good and heavy duty. I've used cheap rods and scrap metal re-rod before and they haven't held up to sheep bashing. I have these for both orphan Headgates and creep gates and they have never failed or bent. Great value. Highly recommend.
Jennifer R from Louisiana
Premier 1 Fencing is above average to me! I have always had positive experiences until recently. However, after speaking with a manager, she took care of my problem and went above and beyond what I expected. The have a full line of high quality products and always strive to please!!
Bobbi R from Oregon
Found them to be great.
Daniel Z from Nevada
This ground rod has a hole right below the head, likely to make it easier to attach the ground wire from the energizer. This is a design flaw that needs to be fixed as it compromises the integrity of the head. The first time I pounded this ground rod in the head of the rod bent as the hole below the head was crushed.