Heated Poultry Waterer
New design! Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft. grounded electrical cord
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Christina C from Western New York
This is a great bucket overall. I has been great at keeping the nipples from freezing. Only negative from my perspective is if the top is twisted shut in very cold temps any water around the top makes it freeze and makes it difficult to untwist to fill. We just set the top on when really cold without twisting shut and that seems to be working. Overall a great waterer!
Doug J from Nebraska
After looking for a better heated poultry waterer, I found this Premier one. At first I balked at spending the extra money for my 10 chickens, but when my other waterer shorted out because of a broken cord, I decided to get it. Couldn’t be happier about purchasing this waterer. It is a high quality product all the way around. From the 16’ cord to the drip free nipples. It is also so easy to fill from the top. I do recommend this waterer.
Robert L from Wisconsin
Well made product and great design. Been using for a few weeks in sub 20 temps and it's been working flawless. Our chickens figured out the nipple system in no time flat. Highly recommend!
Deidre V from New York
I hesitated to click buy it now as the price was more than I had planned on and my chickens were not used to the nipple waterers. Now that I have it in my barn, I can only ask myself "What took me so long!" I love this thing! We certainly get cold winters here, so heaters are a must. I have used the bottom fill ones for years only to replace several times as the cord twists and weakens every time you have to fill! This solves that problem with a top fill. Very solid product. Lid is secure and discourages roosting. What surprised me most was how quickly my chickens figured out the nipples! Granted, they were motivated by letting them get thirsty but they figured it out almost immediately. The water stays super clean too. The cord will unplug for summer use. Thank you for such a great product!
Sharon G from Arkansas
Chickens happy about having water even in freezing weather. I am happy I have less worry about checking frozen water!!!