HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to wear-and-tear and does not rot.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
Small Nesting Box
- Box: 24"L x 20"W x 21"H
- Nesting Pad: 23.75"L x 19.70"W
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day
Medium Nesting Box
- Box: 34"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 33.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 32 hens throughout the day
Large Nesting Box
- Box: 54"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 53.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 52 hens throughout the day
Made in the USA
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws. Use a threadlocker to prevent this.
- Somewhere hens feel safe and want to lay their eggs
- Accessible to egg collectors
- Easy to clean
Otherwise, hens will lay on the floor where the eggs are likely to be soiled. Encourage chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the proper nesting area by placing one ceramic or wooden egg per nest box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Frank E from Ohio
Absolutely love the finished product, but it was difficult to assemble. The paper directions need to be more detailed. We ended up using the video on Premier’s website which helped a lot.
Ian M from Missouri
Well constructed. I waited till all the bolts were in and started before tightening them down. I didn’t have any alignment issues. There were two holes on the bottom that were absent. All else was as it should be.
Javier A from California
All though good quality, many of the pre-drill spots DID NOT match and when I called to make sure I will NOT lose my life warranty if I had to make new holes to match and be able to put it together, I was told that they can exchange the unit! Never answered my question or gave a solution that was practical. I did not have the time to re-package, "who would pay for shipping back?" and then, have another unit sent with NO guarantee this new unit will be made properly!
Lisa F from California
Products and service are exceptional.
Ross F from Missouri
Had to re-drill 3 holes that would not align. The box does not include a back. If would be nice to know before ordering.